Discussion: GOP Leader Sen. Cornyn Casts Doubt On Legitimacy Of Mueller Probe

Donors: Sheldon Adelson donated $25 million to donnie, that’s why we’re seeing Jerusalem being used to destroy any future Palestinian aspirations in the region.

28 Likes

previously

Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn (R-Texas) noted that the appointment of Mueller, who was twice unanimously confirmed as FBI director by the Senate, would make it easier for senators to install Comey’s successor at the bureau.

“He’s a well-respected law enforcement professional,” Cornyn said of Mueller.

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) tells Chuck Todd that the investigation into Russia isn’t about President Trump, “it’s about Russia versus the United States”

“That’s [Mueller’s] wheelhouse, not ours,” Cornyn, the majority whip, told the Post. Cornyn also told CBS, “That really isn’t our job… I don’t see how the indictment changes the president’s ability to do his job. There is a process for this to go forward. And I trust that it will happen.”

"I think hopefully it will send a message to everybody else to cooperate with the investigation and to answer the FBI’s questions and not to lie," said Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas. "So I thought that was a very positive move from that standpoint."

enjoy

19 Likes

Well, Bob Muller, I guess you might as well start investigating the entire GOP, serving in the House and the Senate. For it is beginning to look like they too have conspired with Putin to gain power of the Free World!

21 Likes

well…

6 Likes

If you haven’t prepared for the worst (though I’m sure many here have) here is a place you can find friends and allies for the day Cornyn and his fellow traitors attempt their coup de grâce

18 Likes

Are CDC or other federal employees allowed to call Cornyn an “idiot” or “effing moron”? Clearly an evidenced-based standard.

12 Likes

“Makes sense to me to wait to see what they are first." That will show me if they fit my bias or not. No sense believing the top Federal investigatory agency if they don’t follow my bias.

8 Likes

In just the last year, Republicans have openly supported a sexual predator and a pedophile to maintain their hold on power. Not to mention they’ve contorted the Constitution (McConnell in particular) as to tear asunder its meaning. Is it really a shock that they would openly support treasonous acts against our country? They are all nihilists now.

21 Likes

“Enemies foreign and domestic.” Now I understand that phrase fully.

27 Likes

Dear God, what evil people republicans are. Completely corrupt and vile.
Lock them up. ALL of them. Now.

9 Likes

They really are fascists, and show not the slightest hesitancy in threatening to dismantle American democracy in favor of an oligarchic regime where they get to call the shots, forever. Fuckers like Cornyn are just stoking the fires for subversion of the rule of law in favor of de facto one party rule. Do they give a damn that Trump colluded with an enemy of the US to take power, and has committed innumerable other crimes? Obviously not.

There must to be mass demonstrations in the streets if Mueller is removed. As far as I’m concerned, this is the greatest crisis our Republic has faced since the Civil War. These bastards really don’t give a damn about our democracy any longer. They are, in a word, traitors.

I don’t think I’m being too apocalyptic in suggesting that we may be on the verge of civil strive that will make the Vietnam War demonstrations look tame. If Mueller goes, I don’t see any other way.

18 Likes

It is impossible not to be partisan against traitors, agents of an enemy country helping that country wreck the USA.

7 Likes

Agreed! See my post in this thread for where to find one.

6 Likes

I wonder what must be going through Robert Mueller’s mind right now. I really do. I trust that he’s had the foresight to anticipate much of this behavior and acted accordingly.

It must be heartbreaking for him to see his party behave so corruptly and to put the country he loves in mortal danger. And I don’t think that’s hyperbolic.

20 Likes

And there are still things going on in New York and Mueller can turn all of his shit over to state authorities. Most of this stuff is illegal under state statutes, too.

They cannot stop the law. And as @mattinpa said - We will Burn their Party to the Ground.

18 Likes

At what point do the things Cornyn and others are saying and doing become obstruction of justice?

12 Likes

I have absolutely NO faith the Dem party will lift so much as a pinky-finger to stop the repugs or t-rump. I think the people will stand behind Mueller and the FBI, and trump and Corymn and all the Russia collaborators will end up in jail or dead. And good riddance to the moldering garbage fire that they are.

3 Likes

now

9 Likes

You’re not. These people are playing with fire. I thought one skill all politicians had was the ability to count but they’ve clearly decided to emulate their leader and cast off the chains of rational thought.

16 Likes

At a point we passed long ago.

19 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available