Discussion: GOP Leader Sen. Cornyn Casts Doubt On Legitimacy Of Mueller Probe

Yeah sometime in January.

9 Likes

I really can’t stand it anymore. First they protect their party, then they protect the donor class, and its fuck everybody else.

7 Likes

You’re short changing the Supreme Court, especially its interpretation of the 1st Amendment freedom of religion.

1 Like

Well said, it is a shock to see them stoop so low. They thumb their noses at the Constitution and have been able to use House or Senate rules to do whatever they want. I keep looking for a controlling authority only to realize that the perpetrators are the controlling authority.

9 Likes

It’s nonsense. We’re talking about federal civil service employees. Screening them for political affiliation is explicitly illegal.

18 Likes

Man Cornyn is dumber than I even thought he was and I thought he was pretty fucking dumb. This is the Dallas Morning News:

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2017/12/15/putins-proxies-helped-funnel-millions-gop-campaigns

Do they think that we don’t know what they are really afraid of? They aren’t covering for Trump - they are covering their OWN asses.

33 Likes

You know, I am literally an old man now. Back in the 60s I never marched in protest against the war, or anything else. I came out of a military family and that colored my judgment about what Vietnam was truly about. I was also was out of the country from 66-69, when things really hit the fan.

But now the stakes are even greater. We will have to march and make it very clear to the scum in D.C. that we won’t tolerate a coup, even if this country turns into another Venezuela.

16 Likes

Have you seen the quality of the judicial nominees Leo Leonard of the Federalist Society has submitted to WH for federal appointments? If they get put on Mueller’s team they’ll uncover treason in their attempt try and derail the investigation, yes they are that incompetent.

12 Likes

Or Citizen’s United.

6 Likes

There’s no point in even talking about it as though it merited discussion. They’ll seize on any pretext or make one up if need be to smear this investigation because they know where it’s going and they don’t want to pay the price. It’s going to get ugly: they’re fighting for their political lives, for their money and power, and we’re fighting for our republic and way of life.

23 Likes

AMEN. To all of them.

The Democrats are literally all you and “the people” have got. Why don’t you at least wait for Bernie to run again before trashing them.

13 Likes

What’s amazing is the sheer hubris of these bastards. The country is split down the middle, 50/50, and they want it ALL.

8 Likes

Which means we’ll win. There are a whole lot more of us too and we’re also younger and and way more diverse. That’s always helpful in ways you never expect.

And history - and this is really important - the whole rest of the world is on our side.

14 Likes

National media needs to pick this up. This is an amazing piece.

6 Likes

Yes.

5 Likes

I think the Dallas News is part of the same syndicate that owns the NYT and the Seattle paper so there is a lot of cross-editorializing and cross publishing of stories. I hope it does too.

8 Likes

The Democrats are the good guys here. They’re a key part of the team we hope will preserve this republic. You really need to realize that. We don’t have a lot of time to waste arguing about speeches to Wall Street bankers right now.

18 Likes

Thanks for the link.

And @katwillow - You feel the same way about all the Democrats, including the Black Caucus? Then you are being disingenuous or you just don’t see what’s in front of you.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available