Discussion: Heyer's Mother Won't Speak To Trump, 'After What He Said About My Child'

This is a great way to honor her daughter, Heather. Good for you, Susan Bro. Stay strong.

15 Likes

Thank you fair lady.

6 Likes

I was heading to the comments to say the same thing. Obviously his reactions in this whole affair are abhorrent - what more can be said? Looking forward, the sheer incompetence of his administration is just staggering. How could they not know she was at her daughter’s funeral? The sad answer is that they just don’t care.

5 Likes

It’s fine Mom…That fat ass Trump flew from NJ to DC to NY and back to NJ before he could make a comment or fly his ass to VA to ‘comfort’ the people…and then he turned and fked everything and everyone with his rude stupid ‘tweets’ and words. He hasn’t insulted MY kids and I wouldn’t speak to him.

8 Likes

The best part of my week was watching those people speak at the funeral. What great examples of humanity in the face of personal tragedy.

How awful the circumstances we face when the funereal of a young woman is the highlight of the news.

7 Likes

In a very real way, Trump is responsible for her daughter’s death. Unless he was calling to say he was sorry for what he has done to the country, no one should take that man’s call ever again. This woman has behaved as well as a person thrust into her situation could. I admire her.

10 Likes

If Trump responds to this “provocation” on Twitter, as seems very likely, there might be a Joseph Welch moment from the GOP leadership.
I give that .1% chance of happening.

3 Likes

Good for her. Everyone who talks to Trump or poses for a picture with him legitimizes him just a little bit more.

8 Likes

That’s what got me too. During the fucking funeral! Which tells us one of two possible things. Either his aides didn’t bother to prep the call, to set it up, or he called at a time when he knew she wouldn’t be available and he wouldn’t have to talk to her. I think it’s the latter.

26 Likes

But didn’t he say he waited to make his statement until he had all the facts? All of them? So how did he miss the permit question?

11 Likes

It’s probably staff incompetence, but I can also imagine that Trump thought maybe his call could be piped into the funeral and cause him to garner even more media attention.

11 Likes

That’s giving him the benefit of a strong doubt. I tend to assume that there was no mistake in this. That’s exactly when he (and the staff) meant to call.

6 Likes
7 Likes

While Congress is nearly unanimously passing bills limiting Trump’s ability to remove sanctions, they might also vote to keep him from intruding on people suffering serious grief. The idea of a parent who lost a child having to talk to that psycho is just not a thing that bears thinking about.

8 Likes

We can assume they did know. Of course they knew. The kindest interpretation is that this was to establish deniability: “The president called but she wouldn’t speak to him.”

I don’t doubt that the real reason was pure dickishness.

7 Likes

What are the odds that Trump will respect when a woman says no to him? He’ll rage tweet at her, keep calling, or both.

5 Likes

Yeah, and why should she provide a photo-op for that cretin. Good on her.

2 Likes

everything TRUMPf touches becomes toxic…he called during her daughters funerals because he knew the media would be there, and he could piggy- back on this mother;s grief…obviously, the ALT-PRESIDENT doesn’t ‘get’ a woman’s protective instincts for her child when the child has been harmed./ killed… the outrage a parent feels when the person who makes excuses for the killers, tries to impose himself on the child’s death…knows no bounds…get him out of here!

6 Likes

I was headed here to make the same comment. Even the most brain dead staff member wouldn’t make this kind of mistake. It has to have been on purpose, probably set up by Bannon or Gorka’s suggestion, to prevent Man-Baby Snowflake from actually having to be exposed to real, human grief.

10 Likes

Good

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available