Discussion: How Trump's Obamacare Sabotage Sets Him Up For His Own Political Misery

10 Likes

The Moron strikes again . Tantrum time !

18 Likes

Republican governors in states that have been receptive to Obamacare also bashed Trump’s move, with Gov. Brian Sandoval (R-NV) calling it “devastating” and Sen. Charlie Baker (R-ME) labelling it the “wrong decision.”

Charlie Baker is Massachusetts’s governor.

15 Likes

I am not as concerned about the political fallout as I about a President who would inflict pain on the poorest Americans simply to force Democrats to bargain with him. The man is morally and ethically unfit to be President.

Not on topic but I drove through Overland Park Kansas yesterday. They have been working on some highway improvements for years now. They must have run out of money because the temporary changes seem to be permanent and need work themselves. Republicans are strange adult people who believe in strange things like supply side economics, the earth isn’t heating up and the tooth fairy. They are proof of the power of propaganda.

40 Likes

He has no idea what he’s doing.

Why Trump’s Obamacare Sabotage May Backfire — and Give Millions Free Health Care

21 Likes

My first reaction on looking at the photo at the top of the article was: “I would far prefer to see his face connected to the feet and not swinging the sledgehammer…”

7 Likes

This move will result in fewer people being able to get good, necessary, often life-saving health care (those whose premiums go up, but do not qualify for either the subsidy or tax credits or those in areas where insurance companies will simply drop out - mostly in red states that did not expand Medicaid) AND costing the government more money in taxpayer dollars (for the tax credits to those who buy from the marketplaces whose premiums the insurance companies have or will raise to make up for the subsidies being cut, the credits costing more than the subsidies do). Only a fucking moron would provide fewer people with health care while raising the federal deficit, all to try to destroy what Obama accomplished.

29 Likes

There’s a kind of meta-health narrative here, which is Trump’s own health.

Trump may have a substantial vocabulary, but if he does, he doesn’t use it. The vocabulary he uses is along the lines of a child of 10 to 12 years of age. In speech he is very repetitive. He uses very few specific nouns and uses many non-specific nouns such as “things, something, anything, everything, nothing.” He uses simple verbs such as “is, has, goes, got.” He doesn’t speak in long or complex sentences, and he speaks in highly fragmented and even incoherent sentences, if indeed they are sentences at all.

Speaking in simple sentences can be a deliberate way of reaching a broader audience, but what if it’s not deliberate? The entire previous paragraph describes classic symptoms of dementia or senility.

27 Likes

I saw a few polls on twitter recently that should 60% assign ownership/blame for Obamacare failures (from this point on) to the Republicans (hopefully that includes to Dotard)

2 Likes

[quote=“eggrollian, post:8, topic:63763”]
Speaking in simple sentences can be a deliberate way of reaching a broader audience, but what if it’s not deliberate?
[/quote]And what when even the simple sentences make no sense? Dementia is certainly possible as you say. It could also include a combination of low intelligence, not having any understanding about the issue or topic he’s talking about, and just going into braggadocios salesman auto-mode.

21 Likes

A spokesman for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell pushed back on that claim that Republicans now own what happens to Obamacare.

“[I]t’s amusing to me how desperate Democrats are to rid themselves of the failed law they worked so hard to force on the country. You’d think they’d be proud of it,” the spokesman, Don Stewart, told TPM via email.

Oh Don of course the ACA backlash is all yours. Your boss couldn’t deliver. Your boss couldn’t deliver how many times and ways this session? And the man who poisoned any position that ya’ll take ran on, got elected to President with an R after his name. Each and every candidate from this point going forward that has an R behind their name owns this mess.

24 Likes

Umm, Tierney, that’s Gov. Charlie Baker R- MA. Unless you were thinking it’s 1817.

4 Likes

McConnell’s whistling in the wind. He knows he’s gonna own it. He sent the msg out via messenger, who can always be a scapegoat if necessary.

15 Likes

Why would Dems deal? They’re not in power to do anything. Also, look what Trump did to Schumer and Pelosi re DACA.

21 Likes

We all know it’s going to fuck over his low income white supporters, but he knows they will blame Obama and they will still love him.

9 Likes

Democrats argue that if Trump was so concerned about the constitutional arguments against the payments, he would have stopped them as soon as he took office, rather than after watching congressional repeal efforts collapse multiple times.

That’s really all it comes down to. It has nothing to do with principles or practicing good government. Trump kept trying to get his new thing but Congress wouldn’t/couldn’t give it to him, so in response he’s going to break America’s thing.

I think most Americans recognize the behavior of a toddler when they see it.

18 Likes

Charlie Baker might like the idea of being senator, but he’s still a guv’nor.
How does an easy mistake like this get into a article, doesn’t anyone proof these things? How can we trust the rest of the article if you can’t get a basic fact correct?

Oh they are going to own it all right. The tRump is too stupid to realize what he has done.

He promised the moon during the campaign and now that he has actually taken action with these EOs he has “fixed” Obamacare - at least that is what his know nothing fans will think.

Won’t they be surprised to find that their premiums skyrocket and they actually lose coverage now that their hero has “fixed” health care for them?

They are going to clamouring for him to do more when they start hurting. He won’t have a clue what do to and the Dems surely are not going to bail him out on this.

You break it, you buy it.

13 Likes

McConnel and his crew are just political hacks. That one statement by a spokesman proves that. Dems have owned it for quite a long time. This is more akin to one side having a car, the other side getting to drive it, messing it up badly and then blaming the other side for not wanting to take it to the car show.

7 Likes

The Democratic talking point should be: We don’t bargain with terrorists.

Although it’s true that what Trump is doing is actually a little bit worse than what hostage-taking terrorists do. I mean, most hostage-takers will let the sick and injured go - in order to set up good faith negtiations with the cops, and because they don’t want to get charged with murder if one of their hostages should happen to die.

But Trump’s whole ploy is to keep the sick hostages, and blame the cops if the hostages die.

Pure sociopath.

23 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available