Discussion: Jefferson Davis Monument In Arizona Tarred and Feathered

This should have happened in 1865…
To the man himself…

3 Likes

I’d be satisfied if they just seceded again.

3 Likes
A monument commemorating the only president of the Confederacy was vandalized altered in a manner appropriate for the country in which it stands with tar and feathers this week,

FTFY

6 Likes

Yep,

4 Likes

FIFY

8 Likes

I like it. It’s a form of civil disobedience. They should do what they did in NC and get a whole bunch of people to turn themselves in to take responsibility for the ‘crime’ to expose the unjustness of the statue’s existence. It’s what Gandhi would’ve done.

4 Likes

Thanks for this…
The background should have been included in the article…

4 Likes

Holy S what a list. I certainly expect that in states that wore grey against the Union. But Arizona, the last continental state, thousands of miles from Richmond, it’s shocking to me.

1 Like

Yeah, but then the State Department would be forever arguing before the United Nations about the need for sanctions, due to gross violations of human rights by the Southern States of America. They’d feel more free to oppress gays, minorities, women, immigrants and non-Christians. Pretty soon you’d have a full blown Taliban on the southern border. Millions of kids would be raised thinking math was the Devil’s work, Jesus rode a dinosaur and teaching heliocentrism was an atheistic plot to denigrate God. I think I like my plan of the Earth just swallowing them all now.

7 Likes

Excellent fucking comeback

https://twitter.com/tioluis/status/898521944718327808

and another right after it

GD and another

12 Likes

DING DING DING

We have a correct answer.

I have lived in Arizona since 1970 (before US 60 even existed) and have spent the last 30 years driving almost daily on that road. If I ever knew that monument existed I had forgotten it. I wish I could give a party for the folks who did this, because it is truly clever and not violent.

I am waiting with trembling knees for Trump’s visit next Tuesday and praying no one will get hurt. There are a lot of angry people and even more guns here. I believe our president’s craving for worship has gotten to the point where he now requires human sacrifice - there is no rational explanation for this man to hold a “rally” here at this time - none.

15 Likes

That’s mean. There are some very fine people in my home state of Alabama, but they just happen to be outnumbered.

3 Likes

To whomever did this : I really like your style.

7 Likes

Actually it was a white person that ran from another state that he’d seen black people in and he hoped this would scare them away from this new one.

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of defacing or destroying these statues but I will give points for being creative with this one…my question is WhyTF was a Jeff Davis monument in ARIZONA??? Give me a break. This is not ‘heritage’ stuff…this is racism pure and simple. THIS POS shouldn’t even be in a museum.

4 Likes

I have often thought this…
But just one of the downsides is then we would have to build a wall on the southern border…

1 Like

Obviously the monument was put in place to preserve the culture and history of the Civil War era, when Arizona was part of the CSA and Jefferson Davis was their president. You know, when Arizona became a state in 1912. Nearly 47 years after the end of the Civil War. And over 20 years after Davis died.

Or it was put up by a bunch of racist shit heels.

9 Likes

I’m sure there were some very fine people living in Berlin in 1944. It didn’t mitigate the necessity of leveling the city in an attempt to render it uninhabitable, in order to impress upon those that weren’t fine people to give up their evil ways or die refusing to do so. History is littered with collateral damage. Living in Alabama seems reason enough to consider living elsewhere.

ICYMBI, Arizona Territory was aligned with the Confederacy during the Civil War, and, moreover, the famous “Battle of Picacho Pass” took place not far from where I live. It was more of a skirmish as only about a dozen each of rebels and Yankees were involved and there was much pushing and shoving. Kind of a yawn moment, really.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available