Discussion: KKK Hoods, Nazi Salutes: Magazine Covers Take On Trump, Charlottesville

Don’t stop the pressure. This maniac needs to be unveiled and stopped. No bed sheet will cover up this travesty.

Updated for a typo.

3 Likes

Proof we are animals, some more than others.

4 Likes

Well, that will certainly contribute to the quality of discussion.

Well yeah. They are patriarchal to the max which leads to it. Their ideal society is extremely patriarchal.

3 Likes

And the New Yorker unveiled cover art titled “Blowhard,” featuring Trump propelling a sailboat with a KKK hood for a mainsail.

Geek-note:

It’s actually much stronger than this. Due to a thing called the perpetual-motion fallacy, you can’t propel your own sailboat by blowing into its sail. What the cover actually shows is Trump failing to propel a sailboat with a KKK hood for a mainsail by blowing into it. (Skilled cartoonists generally have an excellent intuition for physics, even if they’re never been formally taught.)

17 Likes

I’m kind of serious though. It was the New Yorker that killed his precious Mooch and he still never mentioned them. For a lunkhead who’s nearly if not in fact incapable of abstract thought it just may not register with him that it’s a prestigious publication.

7 Likes

He doesn’t see it alongside the National Enquirer in the newsstand in the High Tower.

4 Likes

Very cool - thank you for that. I had no idea - I’ve never sailed and physics is something I find fascinating and know only a little about.

No math or science requirements for getting into law school. About half of us were there for that reason.

7 Likes

You’re welcome! I figured it might go unnoticed and thought it was just too good to miss out on :smile:

5 Likes

I also just noticed that the water is still. No ripples, no indication of movement.

ETA: And, of course, the eye holes would be quite an impediment, non?

10 Likes

LOL…good catch!

2 Likes

In addition to dreaming, you can drop a grain of sand on the scale by faxing your representatives and telling them that Trump needs to go. Now.

5 Likes

Way ahead of you there brother. I also share the “Fax your rep” strategy with anyone who cares to listen.

1 Like

I wanted holes in the boat, but this is okay, too.

1 Like

If there were holes in the boat he might notice there’s a problem. I think him being utterly oblivious is part of the message…

ETA:
But maybe that will be next. Him still sitting there blowing from six feet under.

3 Likes

I doubt Trump would notice, but I like your take, too.

1 Like

Eh…sorry, I updated on ya!

I’ll bet the babes are heartbroken. :smirk:

11 Likes

[quote=“antisachetdethe, post:44, topic:60825”]
As the sock life gets shorter and shorter (good job over the last few days, mods), he becomes more and more vile. It’s part of who he is.
[/quote]Kind of like Trump when he feels disrespected. Funny how similar character traits run in certain circles of despicable.

4 Likes
10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available