Discussion: Many Republicans Unsatisfied And Unnerved By Trump’s Russia Bungling

So will Trump now have to retroactively register as a foreign agent for Russia?

14 Likes

In other words, VeryVeryConcerned?

Fuck that. We have a Russian agent in the Oval Office and those morons are still desperately looking for deniability . FUCK THAT.

12 Likes

not to worry - this guy’s on it.

pass the everclear please.

10 Likes

Trump can roil NATO and the EU without political support. All he has to do is run his mouth. But as much as he’s hurt our own role in world affairs, those entities remain. Trump talks, and the military and diplomatic establishment quietly assures them it doesn’t mean what it sounds like. (South Asia, eh, I think we’ve screwed the pooch pretty well there.) A Trump with the competence to build support and consolidate power might have been a worthwhile investment. Unfortunately for Putin, no such Trump exists. A battle royal between the forces of sanity and Trump and a GOP that stays loyal to him in desperate rearguard action would paralyze the USA across the board, domestically and internationally. That wouldn’t be a dumb play IMHO.

20 Likes

Throwing next election to Dems and leaking evidence would jack us up pretty good too.

Ugh.

3 Likes

Yes, talk is cheap.

1 Like

Someone cripples and blinds you, leaving you dependent and vulnerable. So you go see the culprit and say, hey, don’t do that again if you know what’s good for you? What the toughest Republicans are demanding is senseless and inappropriate. Should Roosevelt have informed Tojo once Pearl Harbor was attacked that he had better stay far from San Francisco or else? No, he asked Congress for a declaration of war. Trump has surrendered. Indeed, Trump’s America First was Putin’s Trojan horse. Trump has been his boy since all those bankruptcies of his. The only one he never declared was his moral bankruptcy but that has been obvious to all since “The Donald” emerged as a personality in the tabloids.

16 Likes

AND - they will still do ANYTHING Trump wants to do including selling out the country to a foreign government.

7 Likes

Their party symbol really should be an ostrich…

9 Likes

Sadly, she was looking at her neighbor’s yard and only THOUGHT that was Russia.

3 Likes

Well, it’s definitely a major fup

1 Like

It would. I’m hoping we’re generally more sensible than that.

4 Likes

Liked for “Trump’s America First was Putin’s Trojan horse”

Perfect

2 Likes

Yeah, yeah. But WHEN WILL THEY STAND UP?

5 Likes

It’s a pose. They don’t give a shit. Party over country always.

11 Likes

For many Republicans, Trump’s nonchalant throwing of the FBI under the bus was a bridge too far…but they can’t cry over spilt milk forever.

7 Likes

After a little shouting from the party, they’ll fall in line and again joyfully be the slobbering demented Party of Trump. There are no Republican’s anymore. It’s simply the Party of Trump.

9 Likes

It’s more like a cult, but yeah.

7 Likes

“…Having a traitor as president is too much for these guys?..”

My hope is that one or more of the indictments coming down the chute will be the trigger for him to resign. But I’m only a cockeyed optimist and I can’t get it out of my head.

2 Likes

My prediction: Sometime in the near future, the GOP will finally realize that their goose is cooked if they continue to run interference for Trump. They will turn against him, mildly at first, a little more and then a little more, neutering him in some non-minimal ways. Perhaps even impeachment and removal, though unlikely.

The MSM will hail them as heroes for ‘doing the right thing,’ and putting the good of the country ahead of party politics, saving us from the nightmare of Trumpism. The GOP will run on this, proclaiming themselves as the only party that can protect America. The MSM will let them get away with this, indeed even encourage the storyline with glowing profiles of McConnell et. al. They love a good redemption story, forgiving all past sins (only GOP sins of course, not Dem).

The Democrats, meanwhile, will be portrayed as feckless and irrelevant. Liberal pundits that push back will be portrayed as sore losers, living in the past.

Not saying this is necessarily likely, but I could easily see this happening.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available