Discussion: McConnell Withdraws Trump Judicial Pick Minutes Before Confirmation Vote

News to me. At least the part about changing parties right now.

2 Likes

Who is Senator Tim Scott?

The first of many.

Mitch, babe, can you hear the music? Itā€™s closinā€™ time.

OK, I insert Leonard Cohen in every where I can. What of it?

4 Likes

Well, Iā€™m sure heā€™s been pushing for it ever since the Senate majority became so thin. And been working towards it at every major debacle since then.

Iā€™m assuming that heā€™s well aware of this opportunity and watching for every moment it could happen.

3 Likes

No one believes any of the Republicans have the gonads to do it.

1 Like

I think something changed with the briefing. Yeah, I knowā€¦Iā€™m probably wrong. As so many here seem to want to tell me. But, in my gut, I feel a shift. So, to me, Reichā€™s post feels timely.

6 Likes

Sometimes itā€™s just too hugely obvious to ignore when trump is being an idiot such that just a few more of his faithful get a glimmer.

Every judge trump nominated and was approved by McConnell and co should be impeached, then a review and real hearings held to determine their actual fitness for their seats. Then if the Senate approves, fine. This is assuming Democrats are running the Senate of course.

3 Likes

And they would have got away with it, too, if it hadnā€™t been for those meddling kids and their stupid dog.

4 Likes

Yeahā€¦thanks for telling me that. I hadnā€™t heard it yet. :confused:

They make the best kind. And there are more of that ilk than you might want to imagine.

Do you, clare, think any of the republicans have the courage, gonads, etc. to do it?

Donā€™t Mitch on it.

3 Likes

Thus is one of those places where undue optimism is probably better than the conventional wisdom. At the very least a tidal wave of demands that they switch parties might make them think. The effort certainly wouldnā€™t hurt anything.

4 Likes

Ryan Bounds must be even worse than the America-hating demons GOP presidents usually nominate!

1 Like

Isnā€™t it wonderful?
Trump is not being brought down (as I would have preferred) by steely-eyed Machiavellian operatives from the DNC, but by his own incompetence. But, I will take what I can get.

Next week, I expect Muller to drop a few more pebbles in the goldfish bowl.

4 Likes

This is just like the Reagan and GHWB administrations. They nominated Right Wing ideologue judges to counteract ā€œactivistā€ liberal judges. Trump-McConnell are going to do a ton of damage to the Federal District, Appeals Courts and the Supreme Court with right wing activists. This time we were all lucky he had a paper record of his true opinions. Tried to weasel out of it like the Milwaukee Brewersā€™ pitcher with his adolescent social media posts.

2 Likes

At this point, Iā€™m not sure itā€™s about courage. I think fear might drive them to it. If they think the country and their own livelihoods and families are in perilā€¦.if they feel real fearā€¦.then they might be inspired to act. Kind of like what drives people to flip. Not courage, but fear for something worse if they choose not to flip.

Edited to add: Keep in mind that a couple of these people are not running again. One of them is dying, even.

2 Likes

Some of them finally couldnā€™t make it past the gag reflex.

1 Like

Weā€™re getting closer to the midterms. Defections would help, but Flake is out. Heā€™s too young.

1 Like

Jeff and Ronā€“Standing up for Oregonians and Americans!

2 Likes

Too young for what?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available