Discussion: Schiff: Trump Needs 'Some More Adults In The Room,' Not Miller Or Gorka

More than half seriously, don’t they do the sampling over several days, so some of the responses were before that dreadful Kelly-looks-down flipflop? If so the sampling error would probably swamp his loss in approval.

6 Likes

Nor will there be unless Faux news hires Rachel Maddow away from MSNBC
That 30-35% = the faux demographic
They’re just fine with him.
You talk to any of them and you get Faux talking points thrown back at you
Just Like PP . That’s why he’s so fucked up

15 Likes

Maybe this should be on a list of guidelines and rules like you have at a swimming pool but I very much doubt Schiff meant any of that at face value. He’s not seriously saying Trump needs adults the way you’d decide if a 13-year-old still needed a babysitter. There’s a code to these things. You could guess he’s trying to open the public conversation more to the idea that something is really wrong with Trump. Or he’s deliberately trying to provoke him into more intemperate ranting. He might want to tamp down the relief at Bannon’s departure and point out there are a lot of psycho voices left. Or all of the above! Or none, who knows. I just think there’s usually more to Washingtonspeak than meets the ear.

41 Likes

As others have pointed out, polling also reflects enthusiasm. So, we’re approaching the hard core trumpists. We’re down to the difference between soft and hard fascists among them.

9 Likes

I still suspect that the Base element punch–or rather mouth off–above their “weight”. Also it might be a mistake to expect immediate reaction because they’re slow. Boy, are they slow.

9 Likes

Count me in.

5 Likes

Huh. Why would Schiff be trying to bolster Miller and Gorky in Trump’s mind?

4 Likes

Either Jujitsu --or he’s speaking with the knowledge that Trump doesn’t listen to anyone.

2 Likes

In a scathing opinion piece denouncing Prime Minister May, David Mitchell came up with a line that is perfect. Applies to 45, also too.

"This is difficult stuff to agree with, even for Theresa May, whose mouth spouts so much horseshit you’d think her anus gobbled oats."

ETA: This is why I love the British press. They don’t pull punches, and they aren’t afraid to print curse words. They call a munt a munt.

22 Likes

Am I the only one seeing medium to large images reduced to little x-marked boxes???

2 Likes

Been happening since yesterday.

2 Likes

click the box. Escape to go back.

2 Likes

Nope. Had to play with resizing until I could get a thing to display twice yesterday.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Same here.

1 Like

I think there may be a size limit, I’m guessing mid-60s kb, above which the software has a hissy-fit and stomps away from its desk.

7 Likes

Thanks all for the info about the x-boxes. My paranoia has been assuaged,…,for the time being.

8 Likes

Let’s all make very sure that @realdonaldtrump hears about Schiff calling him a toddler needing adult supervision.

17 Likes

Unless somebody post something before I’ll tinker with it later and find out what the cutoff is(file size?dimension property?) to get an image to display “regular”. I’ll post what I find.

4 Likes

No. lots of people have commented. Clearly a TPM issue, not one originating at one’s device

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available