Discussion: Senate Intel Chair: 'The Unmasking Thing Was All Created By Devin Nunes'

Mitch is trying to pretend he’s Captain America
But to me he looks like Captain Ron.

2 Likes

In the old days, Washington insiders said there was a bigger split between Senators and Represenatives than between Republicans and Democrats. Members of the House thought of the Senate as their real enemy and visa versa.

2 Likes

When we realistically look at the creeps and dopes that the repugnicans have sent to the congress i’d say Nunes is sui generis

1 Like

You know Ford’s excuse was that the pardon was a guilty plea on Nixon’s part because he accepted it which implies guilt.

But I think there are legal minds looking at all the issues around presidential pardons probably as I type. It’s unclear if he could pardon himself - no one has done that.

There are a lot of unclear issues here as far as proceedings and what the constitution allows.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing that!

I know - I said as much before that comment to you. Yes it is an admission of guilt - you can’t be pardoned for being innocent.

But the president only has pardon power over federal crimes, not state. There are some serious state investigations going on into Trump, too.

5 Likes

I understand that - though pardons are not common. It’s more common for innocent people to take a plea bargain and admit guilt they don’t have to get the damn thing done.

1 Like

Mesa Mask -

Thanks a lot for the knowlege!

1 Like

Let’s list them:

Cruz,
King,
Paul (Ryan AND Rand)
McCain,
Brat
Sanders
Sasse
Grassley
Perdue
Flake
Inhofe
Ernst
Oh, you know what? I will,stop here, but the list goes on…

Gotta’ remember:

repugnicans only "really love the poorly educated /s

1 Like

Yes, which raises another question for me. I know that once pardoned, you can’t plead the Fifth to avoid testifying because you’re no longer in legal jeopardy; but if, say, Kushner’s still being investigated by NY’s Schneiderman (because Trump can only pardon for Federal offenses), can’t Kushner still plead the Fifth because of the risk of incrimination re any state charges? (Assuming there’s enough potential overlap between the two investigations)

2 Likes

If he can still incriminate himself in some manner, then yes. But I imagine a hearing would be held on the issue.

4 Likes

Nunes: I knew I was good at something. Thank for recognizing that I am a Creator. Now only if Trump could see it and put me in his prestigious administration.

Well, we DID send Kamala Harris to the senate. Hopefully that’s a good start at rectifying this! :+1:

4 Likes

OT—

Sessions had a meeting with Kislyak during the campaign and they discussed campaign issues—including policy positions the Kremlin favored.

Signals intelligence got the info.
WaPo reported it.

8 Likes

Starting to see some Republicans that want to remain public servants after the end of Trump and their party in Washington.

1 Like

A little further OT:

Next week’s testimony by Tramp spawn will be in Closed session - Los Angeles Times

1 Like

11 Likes

Yes - I am watching MSNBC and they are all over it.

Also Kushner released a lot of financial information but apparently he left out dozens and dozens of relevant transactions.

7 Likes

Or Mueller… :grin:

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available