Discussion: Senate Intel Chair: 'The Unmasking Thing Was All Created By Devin Nunes'

“Another congressionally mandated dust bowl” . . . Etc. The signs along I-5 between San Francisco and L.A. Have always been pretty “interesting”. Folks who can afford huge almond groves that are miles to the side posing as dirt-poor small farmers being domineered by evil big (“democrat”) government. To read the adds, you would think there are no legitimate water interests in the state beyond their own.

And, just as the election was gearing up, the “Make America Great Again” signs started to show up. No surprise there, unfortunately.

Sorry to rant – just gearing up for a drive down south next week.

4 Likes

Shocked.:unamused:

1 Like

Didn’t Pappy Bush pardon John Poindexter before he was convicted?

Quelle surprise.

He is his father’s son.

I cannot wait for him to get his comeuppance. Every time I see him, I am reminded of George Amberson Menafer as described by Booth Tarkington in "The Magnificent Ambersons."

And there is a cautionary tale for all the conservative oligarchs if ever there was one.

7 Likes

I’m not sure who first called Trump “a treason weasel” but I wish it was me.

7 Likes

Here’s the link to the Sessions story, since Josh doesn’t have it up yet.

7 Likes

Maybe he thinks there’s been so much winning he’s tired of it already

1 Like

Semaphore intercept!

1 Like

You’re smokin’ tonight, dude!

1 Like

Wow, and again wow.

Maybe even a Cowabunga!

Well for the Communications Director, first challenge …

Scaramucci will you do the Fandango!

4 Likes

When the chairman of the house intelligence committee does it its not illegal.

3 Likes

Fking priceless!

More so, it’s the truth!

1 Like

Indeed - that is a great book. I love novels about families. Another great one is Buddenbrooks, by Thomas Mann.

And The Family Moskat by Isaac Bashevis Singer.

2 Likes

Mann and Singer are two of my all-time favorite writers.

I’m such a compulsive reader that I read labels at the grocery.

2 Likes

We aren’t Russia. He can’t do that.

Nobody is going to take over this country without a miitary to back them up and our military is not likely to cooperate.

You need an army behind you if you are going to say the Constitution is no longer in force and effect.

2 Likes

I hear ya - I can barely remember a time when I couldn’t read.

Have you read Mann’s Joseph novels? They get a bit tedious along toward the last one but the first two are so brilliant. The first one has one of the great openings in all of literature.

1 Like

I’ve only read that one. For some reason, it didn’t grab me like his stuff usually did.

For some reason it really grabbed me and the first one is the best. I don’t know if I could read them again but at the time that I did I could barely put them down.

And I cannot read The Magic Mountain to save my soul - tried 4 times now and can’t finish it. I get so bored. haha

1 Like

I can’t wait until they lead him off in handcuffs.

Bear in mind that he’s from California. The CA GOP is a special kind of nasty and stupid.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available