Discussion: Six Flags Park In Texas Replaces 5 Flags With Stars And Stripes

2 Likes

This is starting to become Good Friday in the USA.

16 Likes

Why the fuck where they flying the Confederate flag in the first place? An amusement park?

Do they fly the Confederate flag at every Six Flags?

I genuinely don’t know, as I’ve never been to one.

10 Likes

That second picture with the multiple Stars and Stripes flags is absolutely beautiful.

8 Likes

The Red-State Texans all around me are going to collectively lose. Their. Shit.

16 Likes

Texas was part of the Confedercy

7 Likes

Nope

Six Flags refers to who discovered or colonized the state

8 Likes

Was that cork-popping I heard yours? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

The story doesn’t explain the origin of the Six Flags concept: they were the flags of the six nations that, seriatim, ruled what became Texas. I’m not supporting it by any means, but in this case the inclusion of the Confederate flag actually did have something to do with history rather than as code for racism. (If I recall correctly, they flew the actual flag of the confederacy, not the battle flag).

Still, better to go with the Stars and Stripes, since undoubtedly most folks don’t know the history behind the name.

19 Likes

Thank you, I never knew that.

6 Likes

“Cuck Flags” in 3, 2, 1…

Take it to the bank.

12 Likes

Because it’s Tex-ass.

1 Like

I can’t wait to hear the outraged response… the argument against flying all U.S. flags…

I say that again, the argument not to fly more American flags.

They are going to be talking themselves into an incredible corner.

5 Likes

Is that why you are grinning from ear to ear?

7 Likes

I can see the Someecards email now: Let’s celebrate removal of symbols dedicated to America’s violent, racist losers by watching violent , racist losers lose their chit over those symbols being removed .

2 Likes

Why don’t they just use the last flag that flew over the Confederacy? That would be the white flag of surrender.

12 Likes

“apology tour” , “feckless”, “leading from behind”

1 Like

The “six flags” referred to the six “national” flags that flew over the state at one time or another–Spain, Mexico, Republic of Texas, USA, CSA, and France (for the panhandle bit that was part of the Louisiana Purchase).

My possibly incorrect recollection is that the “Confederate flag” they flew was, for a long time, that Klan rag that resembled a Confederate naval jack but with the wrong color of blue until the pressure from anti-Klan and vexillology nurds forced them to substitute the CSA’s first national flag. I think it was the one with three stripes and seven stars that was, at one time, for some reason deemed less offensive because the historical pretext was less transparent.

8 Likes

Actually, the last flag to fly over the Confederacy was this one:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9e/Flag_of_the_United_States_(1865-1867).svg/392px-Flag_of_the_United_States_(1865-1867).svg.png

11 Likes

“There’s a sucker born every minute.”
― P.T. Barnum

“Advertising is to a genuine article what manure is to land, - it largely increases the product.”
― P.T. Barnum, The Humbugs of the World

Just made me laugh … that’s all ----

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available