Discussion: 'That's Going To Be Special': Coats Reacts Live To News Of Trump's Putin Invite

I think the saving grace for Trump is that you don’t have to be dumber, but you do have to be willing to appear dumber. So long as Trump thinks you’re dumber, he’ll let you into his clubhouse. At this point, some of the people have so invested themselves into getting into their current positions, that they are now unwilling to lose them by standing up to Trump, no matter how insane he is proving to be.

5 Likes

I, for one, welcome our new Short-Fingered Overlords!

And I’d like to remind them that, as a trusted TPM poster, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground borscht caves.

15 Likes

Dan might finally be getting it: everything Trump touches dies, including his, Dan’s, reputation and integrity.

5 Likes

O you would would you!

capo

2 Likes

Every well-run camp needs a few.

3 Likes

Immediately an image of Carter Page came to mind.

5 Likes

I, for one, welcome our new short-fingered overlords!

And I’d like to remind them that, as a trusted TPM poster, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground borscht caves.

Cue Fire and Rain

3 Likes

Ah, the subtle and sometimes tragic difference between capable and willing.

Hurry up, Mr. Mueller!

2 Likes

Yes, you people have a very special needs baby on your hands, one you thought your importance, your connections, and your gravitas would overwhelm to do your bidding.
:imp:
Hello, devils, welcome to hell.

6 Likes

We need to see that server. How come we haven’t seen the server???

5 Likes

When does the bombing start?

1 Like

Don’t forget that Coats was one of the four who came before congress very early on is this disaster of an admin and wouldn’t admit that they’d been interrogated and/or coached by Fat Nixon prior to their appearance.

Here are the cowards who all refused to answer questions even though not a single one of them invoked exec privilege:

21 Likes

C’mon. You guys are over-reacting.

It makes perfect sense for Vlad the Mad to come to Washington…

For the flag-raising ceremony, to inaugurate D.C. as the new “regional capital”

–> Of the new province of Eastern Siberia.

3 Likes

The server will delivered to this upcoming meeting.

Right there on stage, next to “the master”.

[OK, stolen from Colbert].

1 Like

My own read is that Donnie is currently like the guy who fell off the top of the Empire State Building and, as he passes the 15th floor, says to himself - “Actually, things aren’t too bad”.

Give it all just a little more time and then we’ll see where we are…

10 Likes

We may be in the minority here, but I’m with you. We are past the point (in terms of danger to our country) of excusing these officials for feeling a need to “play nice” and cover for the President. NOW is the time for them to speak up.

10 Likes

And the rest of the GOP are convinced that the rope he’s holding isn’t tied to their feet.

9 Likes

“Say that again?” Coats responded, to laughter from the crowd.

“Okay, that’s going to be special.”

So that mean Coats hadn’t known… am I right? He hadn’t been told, and he knew when Mitchell brought it up. That’s no better than knowing via the moron’s tweet.

I’m afraid Coats’s days are numbered. And the moron will try to fill the position with another Putinbot.

7 Likes

That’s correct Coats did not know. Bolton did not tell him.

15 Likes

Thanks for confirming… :persevere:

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available