Discussion: Trump Rips Media, The ‘Real Enemy Of The People,’ Who Want ‘War’ With Russia

Nobody wants a war with Russia you boob. We want a President who isn’t a Russian asset.

4 Likes

On the other hand he has the ability to enter into agreements that do not require congressional approval:

11 FAM 723.2-2© Agreements Pursuant to the Constitutional Authority of the President
(CT:POL-48; 09-25-2006)

The President may conclude an international agreement on any subject within his constitutional authority so long as the agreement is not inconsistent with legislation enacted by the Congress in the exercise of its constitutional authority. The constitutional sources of authority for the President to conclude international agreements include:

(1) The President’s authority as Chief Executive to represent the nation in foreign affairs;

(2) The President’s authority to receive ambassadors and other public ministers, and to recognize foreign governments;

(3) The President’s authority as “Commander-in-Chief”; and

(4) The President’s authority to “take care that the laws be faithfully executed.”

https://fam.state.gov/fam/11fam/11fam0720.html

The nuclear agreement with Iran was an “Executive Agreement” not subject to congressional approval.

1 Like

Jared can’t clear the security line.

Chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee:

3 Likes

Can he agree to not commit US troops if Putin invades Montenegro? The treaty was approved 97-3 by the Senate?

1 Like

No, the real question is, what is Congress going to do if he does? On the basis of past performance with this Congress, nothing. They may find it “troubling” or “disappointing”, but they will do nothing. George W. Bush clearly ignored the United States’ obligations under the UN Convention against Torture, a ratified treaty, but Congress did nothing and so George W. Bush enjoys his pension as ex-President instead of spending the rest of his days in Leavenworth.

5 Likes

I pulled that off Josh Marshall’s feed w/o attribution I realize.

Anyway, yeah. My point is that the “nuclear war with Russia” thing was being talked about in the media - and more to the point, at Fox, the only source Trump pays attention to.

Stephen Cohen’s schtick for years has been that we must appease the Russians because otherwise they’ll bomb us. He’s 100% behind Trump’s Peace in Our Time initiative.

1 Like

Mutually Assured Destruction was good enough to stop the old Soviet Union from attacking the US. I suspect the new Russian Federation understands that bombing us will result in the death of Putin and all his dreams for a resurgent Russia. I don’t fear intentional nuclear war with Russia.

1 Like
“Trump recognized Russian Meddling MANY TIMES.”

I’m sure he did, as he was abetting it.

And can he fucking STOP referring to himself in the 3rd person? Gods, does that set my teeth on edge. I swear if he doesn’t cut it out soon I’m going to go down there personally and break his thumbs.

4 Likes

It’s not the first time he’s reacted positively to a Russian offer to cooperate with us by sending their cybersecurity guys to lend a hand. And I’m not even talking about his campaign plea to find the emails.

This was just over a year ago:

1 Like

Eustace has snagged himself another one. The body count has got to be racking up at a dizzying pace these days, since Poe’s law has been repealed.

4 Likes

He seems crazier than usual the last few days. Acting rather a Radick if you ask me. Quite a few tweets storms lately. He must be upset about something. The media is going to continue to scorch the earth with you because you’re such a lousy liar traitor and then illegitimate president means you’re fake. Hillary Clinton should be our president and not you. You couldn’t even win the popular vote Hillary did And is it turned out Russia got you elected you didn’t get elected your illegitimate you’re not a real president. Fake phony shit but liar traitor. No wonder your mother sent you away somewhere where she have to look at that ugly face or hear your raging voice I bet you are horrible child.

But that’s the whole point. Trump’s supporters ignore everything Trump says and does, just as they’ve been doing since before the election. If you just quote Trump’s words to a Trump Supporter, they consider it an attack and will tell you what he “really” meant and you’re the idiot for daring to take his words literally. Even Trump’s supporters are smarter than Trump.

In reality, Trump has zero influence on anyone but Trump. It’s Hannity, Limbaugh, and rightwing religious leaders who tell these people what to think; including Trump. I deal with Trump Supporters every day and haven’t met one who actually defended the real Trump. It’s all about how Crooked Hillary and the media are worse. Once Trump’s out of office, they’ll forget he ever existed; just like they did with Bush.

2 Likes

A real profile in courage, that one.

All we are saying

Is Give Peace a Chance

To Trump: NO you lying POS. YOU ARE THE REAL ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE! YOU ARE THE REAL ENEMY OF THE WORLD! YOU ARE THE ONE WHO WILL PRECIPITATE A WAR!

It’s an old Soviet propaganda trick.

Cc @lizzymom, @southerndem, @yskov, @jmacaz

1 Like

I’ve been wonder just how he is going to paint Air Force 1.

1 Like

It’s Thursday. Just another day in Trumpland.

Something like this:

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available