Discussion: Trump Transition Team Accuses Mueller Of Improperly Obtaining Documents

clearly trying to rebrand himself as a “Law and Order Type”, is he paying the alimony to his ex-wife ?

1 Like

Clearly a true pro…

Love the festive Christmas Clunker Truck!

1 Like

there’s a lot of “you’re darn right” in your post.

there’s also the reality facing us that for now we’re being overwhelmed by a tsunami of bullshit from all directions. I have made peace with the concept that IF Mueller is successful in removing the bad eggs from this administration that it will take YEARS to restore sanity to the Republic. Like so many of you/us I’ve written congress critters, sent money to progressive causes and candidates, and made calls only to still find ourselves down 3 touchdowns with just a few minutes on the clock left.

We need a Mueller Hail-Mary (okay, 3 or 4 of them) and a bunch more recovered onside kicks by his staff to make us competitive.

STAT!

Jared and Don Jr. being frog-marched off for perjury and a few more ugly charges before Christmas would be nice.

2 Likes

I can see the prep now with the WH lawyers: “lie your ass off and POTUS will pardon you before you get to prison.”

can’t wait for the movie version of this drama to come out.

I’m thinking comedy, not drama.

1 Like

“But in the end, with the exclusion of deploying troops in the streets …” See Posse ComItatus.

2 Likes

These people will never figure out that they can’t lie when being interviewed by Mueller’s team. Even if you are smart, you are up against almost twenty very smart people who already know a lot about what you have been doing. If I was in that situation, I would either plead the 5th or tell them everything I knew. They ALWAYS have the advantage because the people they are interviewing don’t know what they know and the motivations behind the questions aren’t always obvious. I am guessing the process involves them catching interviewees in lies and pointing out the lies and the possible consequences in subsequent interviews. It is better to get it all out in the first interview and not make them continue to come after you.

Did not forget that. But with this §resident, in his mind, there is an ever flexing line between our expectation and his complete disregard for that expectation. I was illustrating an extreme he will have to get to before he can walk away from this mess he created. Not going to happen. In one respect, Mueller taking his time has had another benefit, more time for people to start paying attention. Trump does not seem to grasp long term planning. He wants to dash in, make it so and call it a win and progress. His wins are continually being tainted and it allows people time to assess and fact find. He has to be frustrated over not being able to play dictator.

2 Likes

Pence has exposure, but so far, he hasn’t been brought in for questioning or made to testify under oath. So he isn’t staring down perjury charges yet. Kushner almost certainly is.

In fact, my guess is, we will see both Trump and Pence refuse to testify, ala Bush and Cheney during the 9/11 investigation. And even if they eventually get forced into some sort of testimony, they will also refuse to do it under oath.

Pence, because he knows he is surrounded by perjury traps, Trump because the man cannot go a full 30 seconds without lying.

2 Likes

It is. But its just down the street from the NYT D.C. office.

1 Like

Yes, it was.

The New York Times has a bureau there, on I Street NW.

Immediately next door is a restaurant with an outdoor seating area, which Cobb and Dowd chose for their little tête-à-tête.

What’s worse, it’s a terrible restaurant.

3 Likes

Good !

1 Like

Damn Skippy. I’m a lowly GS5 and even I know that anything you email on a Government server can be seen by the administrators or Federal Law Enforcement. Cyber - security 101. Idiots.

2 Likes

Yes, heady days all right. AND good reading.

Heh Heh

1 Like

“Poppers” is already taken. sad.

1 Like

Ah. Thanks.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available