Discussion: Trump Transition Team Accuses Mueller Of Improperly Obtaining Documents

Oh! That gave me SUCH a tingle! Keep whispering those sweet words in my ear, honeycakes!

4 Likes

Someone should pick it up = the Dallas News is owned by the same syndicate that owns the NYT and the Seattle paper.

2 Likes

Those are pretty piss-poor “defenses” by Cornyn and Lankford. They’re still saying the investigation was compromised. Weird how they didn’t think Ken Starr compromised the Clinton investigation.

Give us another shot of optimism, Bob. Another body. It’s been awhile since the uplifting Michael Flynn story.

2 Likes

I’m going to bet another one is a former governor of Indiana.

5 Likes

We got an oral promise, just ask the dead guy!

TMHBAHWL. (Throwing my head back and howling with laughter)

The Trumpp transition team wants to school Mueller on rules of evidence?

TMHBAHWL.

3 Likes

If the Special Council regulation is federal law, then I don’t believe Trump can use an executive order to kill it.

Many of Trump’s other executive orders have only been exercises in PR because he doesn’t have the authority to rewrite federal laws on a whim - it’s part of the separation of powers.

3 Likes

And, for those not in orange jumpsuits, the immigration tightening is making the shortage of senior-care workers worse than it already was.

3 Likes

In D.C.!

1 Like

I thought it was in D.C.?

You’re misquoting. That was the butcher. And what he said was, no ham, no fowl.

3 Likes

The request for these emails was made by Mueller in August, and the emails were received in September. The Trump team didn’t find out about it until maybe 2 weeks ago. The increasingly incendiary rhetoric from the Trumper crew began after Hope Hicks’ interview. I suspect that she found herself unprepared for some of the questions from Mueller’s team and given her wide involvement in every aspect of #trumprussia thought it was unusual to be asked questions on matters about which she thought only a very few people had knowledge. It’s after that the Trump team starting turning the wheels in their heads and realized that Mueller had another source for emails.

I think Hicks attempted to remain loyal to Trump, confident that she could skate through the interview with carefully prepped answers, but then became a deer in headlights when confronted with emails touching uncomfortable subjects. She may have lied to Mueller. Others may have as well. In fact, Mueller may have asked people to comment on other people’s emails as well as ones in which they were the direct recipient. Many are compromised and I think many will be indicted. Mueller has been sending signals for 2 months telling people not to lie. But the Trumper brain doesn’t grasp the concept. Trump’s aggression against the investigation will accelerate Mueller’s timetable an he will probably issue more indictments sooner rather than later.

6 Likes

Thou doth protest too much . What does stupid’s transition team, so call that, think about Russia stealing Democrats private property? Haven’t seen or heard any memos about the Russians from trumps group they’re too busy cheering on

1 Like

Here’s Statecraft’s letter … he he …

2 Likes

Yep—he’s also notorious for not paying his bills. Good attorneys don’t love to work for deadbeats.

3 Likes

Dershowitz has been revealed as the hack we’ve long suspected—and kompromat ain’t just for pols.

ETA—should read “mendacious hack,” my bad.

Also—he’s gotta be ripe for kompromat. Dude has sure changed his tune re Hair Furor.

Good grief

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-lawyer-says-he-did-not-confront-mueller-before-complaining-about-him-to-congress-2017-12

2 Likes

Jiffy Vape? Orville Reddenbacher huffers?

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available