Discussion: Trump Transition Team Accuses Mueller Of Improperly Obtaining Documents

More likely he’s caught Jared. Remember that the Kush started hunting for a crisis PR expert early last week.

30 Likes

I work for a small local government . Even we get it
This is on the bottom of every email that goes out

Please Note: Florida has a very broad Public Records Law. Most written communications to or from State and Local Officials regarding State or Local business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your email communications, including your email address, may therefore be subject to public disclosure.

29 Likes

Having run corporate emails systems in the past, many. Time, history and long discussions will not dissuade people from treating their company systems like a home account. When there is a problem, the rationalizations get interesting. Including attacking the IT guy for being gestapo. I tried to fight against that image, later embracing it. What was an interesting quirk for me was finding over time, the shop and production folk got it, the front office white collar folks did not.

27 Likes

Well, since Mueller has full access to those “transition emails”, makes it highly possible they ALL could be taken down in one big swoop!

21 Likes

But…his emails.

27 Likes

Yes, and the president-elect is not the executive, thus there is no privilege here even on that ground.

25 Likes

DEad gUy promiSed to circumvent PrOtoCoL. BeCklEr should beFired and Dibarred foR not kEEping his promisE, which is Privileged btw, to the Trump team. WhiCh hunT !

25 Likes

MueLLer triCked Kushner anD othErs into lyinG to FBI. HE shouLd be firEd.

37 Likes

The Trump-Russiagate investigation is probably too complex for Trumpsters to understand, so it should be no surprise to see them cry crocodile tears this Sunday morning.

11 Likes

Quite agree, but you ought to know. The thing is generally people in the online world perceive it to be much more private and confidential than it really is. You go on a dating site or comment on a friend’s Facebook post or do whatever on a work computer and it all feels very cozy and secluded and for the most part it is, but in fact anybody can see any of that. So even if people know it in a strict sense, they don’t feel it or act on it. It’s like backing up—most of us don’t realize it can happen to us until it happens to us.

9 Likes

Another indication Mueller is getting close. Therefore the screaming. As has been stated elsewhere, these e-mails were on government accounts. They have no expectation of privacy.

25 Likes

I have worked on town boards since 2000 and starting around 2012 or so everyone on a town board and town government has been required to use the town email system for all town related emails. All were aware it is so all correspondence is available to the public. There is no expectation of privacy.

13 Likes

The commenters at WaPo are having a field day with this. Great comments there.

"Lenny Loewentritt, said the Trump transition team were told when they were given access to GSA facilities that any material “would not be held back in any law enforcement” situation. “Therefore, no expectation of privacy can be assumed.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/17/republicans-accused-of-concocting-email-scandal-against-robert-mueller?CMP=twt_gu

Another:

What part of .gov documents are private? None. Any newbie government employee gets this message on the first day of work. The disclaimer you see when logging to a government computer system says exactly that. You have zero expectation of privacy.

One more:

“Russia, if you’re listening…” Anyone remember that? Trump needs to appoint a Secretary of Irony to address the rampant hypocrisy in his administration.

This one is hilarious:

Here’s some stuff that happened on June 15, 2017:

The lawyer in this article, Kory Langhofer, sent a memo to the Trump transition team, telling them to "preserve any physical and electronic records that may be related in any way to the subject matter of the pending investigations.”

Trump tweeted:
"You are witnessing the single greatest WITCH HUNT in American political history - led by some very bad and conflicted people! "

Trumpskis are getting lkilled over there.

29 Likes

I have to get dressed because we’re going somewhere today. I posted this last night from the Dallas News. It’s in today’s paper. This should hit Cornyn and the GOP like a grenade going off:

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2017/12/15/putins-proxies-helped-funnel-millions-gop-campaigns

54 Likes

And everything including Facebook pages are archived . We pay a big chunk of change for a Barracuda email archiver

6 Likes

There seems to be a parallel between the transition team clearly being embarrassed by stuff they said on the work e-mails and Flynn’s dealmaking with Kislyak et al. when he could have presumed those calls would be routinely monitored, and that’s a sense of intoxicating power and entitlement where they felt they were now the bosses, in sole and complete control of the world. You need to shoot a note to so-and-so today about that thing, so you do, and if it’s a little on the hush-hush side who cares? After 1/20 nobody’s gonna squawk, right? Which is their essential problem, that attitude, but anyway that’s how it looks to my humble self.

33 Likes

Oh I think it’s starting to dawn on them . The light-bulbs are going off as they realize , “Hey wait a minute , I could be swept up in this and do hard time”
Running scared

22 Likes

Mueller has had all these emails since last August or September. He just interviewed a bunch of Trump employees who were part of the transition who did not know he had these emails. Lying to the FBI is a federal crime. I think a lot of people may be in big trouble and may be candidates for becoming a state witness.

29 Likes

I think this is why there’s so much “Mueller’s overstepping his bounds” speak going on. It’s not to protect Trump.

Oh pleeeeeease Santa!

23 Likes

Yeah, people seem to think that the transition team had no idea that those emails would become reading material for the likes of Mueller and everyone is even more panicked, if that’s possible.

Also what middleway just said.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available