Discussion: Trump Transition Team Accuses Mueller Of Improperly Obtaining Documents

For all of Trump’s protestations that there was no collusion, nothing improper, nothing illegal, he sure is acting like there was something there! Sad!

19 Likes

The headlines about this story all across the country are buying into the meme that the Mueller investigation is somehow not legit or is unethical, going along with the myth the Republicans are pushing hard. All the headlines are suggesting that “Mueller Improperly Obtained Documents” of the Trump Transition Team. He didn’t. If you look at the facts, and even the initial paragraph of the Trump team lawyer’s letter…the complaint is that the General Services Agency, an agency of the Executive Branch led by Donald J. Trump, improperly gave documents to Mueller’s team 8 months into the Trump presidency. Repeat, that’s 8 months after Trump took over the GSA. Of course, the other important thing is that turning over the documents was not improper at all. But, let’s not be going along with the idea - media, I’m talking to you - that Mueller’s team did anything wrong.

25 Likes

Well, the “transition team” seemed to be mostly a collection of grifters and carnies with no idea of what they were doing and no particular fussiness about what was and wasn’t legal, just the dregs, you know. So I’m sure their thoughts and plans in those giddy, heady days were quite interesting and make good reading for the investigators.

Heh.

27 Likes

Wow you just created the next position for Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

7 Likes

Wait, I thought Donnie loved Wikileaks.

10 Likes

Trump Transition Muller Team Accuses Mueller Trump Of Improperly Obtaining Documents Presidency.”

Fixed.

Presidenting?!

You should try comedy…

26 Likes

But Secretary Clinton was the one with low stamina. Don’t you remember that?

13 Likes

Let’s see now, who’s in charge of GSA? Last time I checked, it was the president.

11 Likes

WaPo

Mueller unlawfully obtained emails, Trump transition team says

Not “ Trump transition team claims Mueller unlawfully obtain emails” which would be more accurate.

And no reporting on the factual,accuracy of its claim.

40 Likes

Easy there; I’ll need a cold shower :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Oh, did he get them from Wikileaks?

6 Likes

I know, those of us with internet experience regard these quibbles as hilariously naive, but when the Trump base hears them, they’re reinforced in their Deep State delusions. It is now fact that Trump stands alone against the thing in the closet that will eat them up.

15 Likes

Even worse. Sounds sensational. Click bait. Print it. Fuck.

3 Likes

Their lawyers aren’t much better. It was pointed out that if the legal team really thought Mueller did something illegal, it would have gone to an actual court…

NOT the court of public opinion.

30 Likes

It follows along with much of their attitude including the idea this is a PR problem and not a dead on criminal investigation. Even the lawyers seem to be spit balling on everything.

15 Likes

Not embarrassed. They suddenly realized with this news that they have committed perjury, and Mueller’s teams has the evidence.

He claimed that Mueller’s office asked the GSA for “copies of the emails, laptops, cell phones, and other materials” of 13 members of Trump’s transition, four of whom Langhofer claimed were senior members."

I have my bet on who at least one of those were, and who took this news precisely as I indicated. HINT: He is married to Donald’s daughter.

But lets be clear here, too. This isn’t just emails. This means phone calls. Texts. Any apps they used on those phones or laptops. Everything. Hell, possibly even GPS tracking pinpointing where each of them were at precisely what times.

I will admit, waaaay back in the 90s, after I set up the first email application in the company I worked for at the time (DaVinci…if any remembers email systems that long ago :stuck_out_tongue: ), I did flirt with the woman who eventually became my second wife. But I was the sys admin :wink:

20 Likes

[quote=“chelsea530, post:54, topic:66449, full:true”]
Their lawyers aren’t much better. It was pointed out that if the legal team really thought Mueller did something illegal, it would have gone to an actual court…
NOT the court of public opinion.
[/quote]They went to the court where they thought the’d have more success. And if the media doesn’t wake the fuck up, they’ll have it.

6 Likes

Josh mentioned on Twitter yesterday and consistently since the beginning that Trump always has second- and third-rate legal help. Kushner has a top criminal lawyer, he said, but Trump’s are has-beens and bottom feeders. To work with a difficult client who’s flagrantly guilty and won’t admit it you have to be. If you’re good, you don’t have to put up with that stuff, you can find more sensible clients.

18 Likes

Wow, I liked Davinci. Only had some basic Admin rights, but it had a nice solid feel to it as a user.

1 Like

Heh heh heh I like it

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available