Discussion: WaPo: White House To Disband Federal Climate Change Advisory Panel

Would’ve been gone months ago.
I cannot tell a lie. I had a little chat with Rex’s wife…

1 Like

Didn’t Secretary of Defense Mattis recently declare Climate Change to be a National Security Threat?

6 Likes

Finally!

Now the Trump administration can get on with battling the myth of Heliocentrism.

Or the global conspiracy of Gravity.

Maybe the Chinese hoax that micro-organisms cause infectious disease.

MAGAck!

(Apologies to Bill the Cat)

28 Likes

Stop using the metonym “White House.” Call it like it is: “45 To Disband…”

6 Likes

Or GOP–they agree with most of what he does.

4 Likes

I think he was hoping they would leave along with everybody else last week and when they didn’t, he had to do the presidential thing and fire them…

4 Likes

Wait, the acting administrator of NOAA has a masters degree in theology? Why am I not surprised?

http://www.noaa.gov/leadership/benjamin-friedman

8 Likes

Not necessarily a problem–Francis Collins is an evangelical and a great scientist. But given that it’s the Trump admin, odds are…

1 Like

“Current White House Squatter to disband …”

7 Likes

The degree is from Emory. Quite a liberal school of theology.

7 Likes

Like the unborn, otherwise the most valued GOP constituency.

8 Likes

It depends on the model and the region. Az and the southwest is expected to be drier according to several climate change simulation models. 100 flood plain projections are already inadequate for us in AZ as they were calculated over a period of time that was relatively drier than it has been recently. Runoff means are non-stationary over time.

3 Likes

It does occur to one that since Ike could use defense priorities to build thee interstate highways, and the threat of Sputnik to fund education, the path to dealing with climate issues can originate in the Pentagon. Lamentable, but practical.

3 Likes

11 Likes

O/T, but it seems that Icahn didn’t resign out of principle, but rather got out before the shit hit the fan.

Trump advisor Carl Icahn resigned in advance of magazine article on his potential conflicts of interest

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-icahn-resignation-20170819-story.html

4 Likes

This is what a whole lot of people failed to comprehend last year and what people fail to understand about the Clinton administration. After four years of PP/Pence, it will take time, lots of it, just to get us back to 11:59 AM, 1/20/17. The great liberal policies we want will necessarily be on the back burner while the new president is undoing the shitshow. That’s why Obama couldn’t get more stuff done. The first order of business was to save the republic. Same for Clinton. And it will be doubly so for the next Democratic president. That’s why all these dumb ass purity tests are so dumb ass. I don’t care if we elect Bernard Sanders or Joe Lieberman, both equally horrible ideas, liberal policy won’t be realized for at least a half decade.

14 Likes

Flood expectation was just an example. Arizona has to consider – fire, sandstorms, thunderstorms, flash floods, ground subsidence, water-table levels, and probably a host of other factors that I don’t even know about. Is the integrity of a natgas pipeline compromised in 120° heat, 130°, higher?

6 Likes

Indeed.

http://www.caption-of-the-day.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/morans.jpg

13 Likes

Sure, no argument. All I can say is 1. In the future, we will know more and, 2. Some things will happen that will take us by surprise.

4 Likes

…but we aren’t allowed to call them semi-literate deplorables.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available