Discussion: Ex-CIA Director Brennan: I Think Trump 'Is Afraid Of The President Of Russia'

I doubt that anybody thinks Dershowitz typed the response on DT’s Twitter account.

2 Likes

Ever read about how Chavez worshipped Castro? I think it’s more like that. Trump looks to Putin as a God. A punishing God, but a God who can give Trump what he wants, if he wants.

3 Likes

Bingo

I personally don’t think it’s sex tapes etc that have Trump kissing Putins ass.

I think its dirty money and collusion. Putin has said he could care less about the Russian interference in the US election. Read that as “Yes, I did it, and I’m proud if it, suckers.”

Putin put Trump in the WH, and Putin could prove it in a heartbeat. You want kompromat? How does treason sound?

11 Likes

I Think Trump ‘Is Afraid Of The President Of Russia’

I guess Captain Obvious’ real name is Brennan.

1 Like

Long sentences with compound clauses, only one misspelling, no snark at the end with multiple exclamation points. Definitely not written by trump.

7 Likes

In Dershowitz’s defense, at least he would know the difference between “council” and “counsel.”

On the other hand, he would also know there has been more than ample probable cause of Russian interference in the election, of complicity or COLLUSION by many people in the Trump campaign, who have all lied about their contacts with the Russians. And then there is the small matter of Trump’s interactions with James Comey before firing him, and his purging of the FBI people who would have been witnesses or have discussed matters with Comey. Alan Dershowitz is a fucking LIAR who uses his Harvard professorship to further his legal con man pundit career.

3 Likes

Where was he on the corporate tax rate?

1 Like

I don’t disagree, but people show fear in different ways. I don’t think Donnie is smart enough to run a double game with Putin. Trump is all about dominance and control. He attacks people he wants to dominate by humiliating them. I don’t think Trump thinks there is any way he can control Putin. This may be, as Brennan says, that he knows what Putin has over him and keeps himself in check out of fear. But the notion of Trump keeping himself in check is alien to what has been demonstrated of his character. I think Trump only picks on people he thinks he can dominate and I don’t think Putin fits into that category. Whether it’s fear or a sense of comaraderie I couldn’t say. I’m sure many dissertations will be written on Trump’s psychological state in years to come.

3 Likes

I don’t think a pee tape alone would get this much obedience from Trump. It would be mildly embarrassing, but he could brazen it out. If the kompromat involves personal behavior I’m pretty sure it’s something much more damning and unacceptable. As you say, the conspiracy we know about is far more serious than a stupid pee tape, as would be proof (if we don’t have it already) of financial crimes. I’m ready to stop talking about pee tapes—it’s juvenile and probably not worth thinking about.

9 Likes

And we are an icy cold endless winter of hate up here in New England :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

See? Typical Democrat!

~ You’re RWNJ Relative

7 Likes

I am really so sorry - I know y’all have to be sick of it. We had just enough dark cold weather to be sick of it here.

3 Likes

It was the only and the most obvious answer to a question posed by a morning talker who was listening for the cue to go to a break. But this is what Brennan said to PP when he fired McCabe.

15 Likes

It’s like the guy in the underground garage in All The President’s Men was supposed to have said, but didn’t. Follow the money. Deutsche Bank loans, promissory notes, all having to do with plowing money into Moscow real estate, something along these lines, which Poot could threaten to call in a heartbeat,

6 Likes

Does Brennan know something? I mean really know? Not guessing, no assumptions.

I feel like there’s two layers to this story. Layer 1 is all the BS we see daily in the press. Layer 2 is what people in-the-know know.

8 Likes

And it would involve real vulnerabilities—catastrophic business damage, serious criminal jeopardy, rage and disgust that would dwarf anything before seen, historic diplomatic ruptures, things the GOP couldn’t ignore, the proverbial world of hurt.

If he doesn’t, who would? I think the probability is north of 95 percent he knows knows. Look at what’s public and tell me there aren’t things to know.

6 Likes

here’s a leak/hint/snip that may be related to Brennan’s comments; what’s most interesting is the thought that Bannon may be the puppeteer to some degree:

12 tweet thread worth a gander.

O I get that sense all the time, too.

2 Likes

I think you are correct -

but… I also would not be surprised if the Russians pulled some twisted sting on Trump - not just getting photos of Trump in sexual encounter - but a real clever scheme - something that might be like having Trump believing that he had sex with & killed an underage model and that the Russians have it all documented - documented in a way that if it came out - he could never deny.

2 Likes

Very likely, I think, a bingo.

My pet theory is that the pyramids were built to store grain.

Sorry.

My pet theory is that dinosaurs are very thin at one end.

Dammit.

My pet theory is that Putin is running a protection racket. We know that as more and more legitimate sources of cash were being turned off due to Trumps unwillingness and/or inability to pay back loans, more and more money was coming from Russia. See comments to that effect from Uday & Qusay. Now, what if that money was coming from the state run banks, and personal loans from Putin connected oligarchs? Trump does what Trump does and maybe starts thinking about trying to force somebody to take a haircut. Putin, through an intermediary, let’s Trump know that isn’t going to fly in Russia. He gets told that Putin will keep the murderous oligarch(s) off his orange ass if Trump plays ball and backs off on sanctions and has a more favourable public attitude about Russia in general, and Putin in particular.

I will now remove my tinfoil hat.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available