Discussion: GOP Rep. Gohmert Calls For Robert Mueller's Firing: 'He Needs To Go'

This guy was a JUDGE, for Pete’s sake, which proves two points: 1.) you should never have elections for judges, and 2.) despite what I’m sure he was taught about rule of law and separation of powers, some people just can help how stupid they are.

13 Likes

“I think Mueller should be fired,” Gohmert said, according to video
captured by CNN. “He should be. He should never have been appointed, and
he should never have accepted. He should be fired.”

Brilliant Louie. I take it then that you really do want trump to go down in flames?? Because that is what would happen if Mueller is fired. It would be the clearest case of obstruction of justice in recorded history and it would precipitate a Constitutional crisis well beyond what Nixon brought down on us with Watergate. Your darling, Louie, would be disgraced for all time everywhere. His name and brand in utter ruin as smouldering ashes. And very likely after all the legal wrangling is done he’d be left destitute as would his kids.
So, Louie, is this what’cha want? I think GOPers like Louie don’t contemplate the consequences of their immediate desires.
Honestly I’d love to see trump driven from office in utter disgrace. His brand in ruins. Penniless and wandering the Big Apple in torn and filthy rags.

10 Likes

It’s been a tough fight but he’s maintained his lead.

7 Likes

quit babylon you two.

2 Likes

They save that for their “retreats.”

1 Like

Gohmert may be an idiot, but it is not at all idiotic for him to call for Mueller’s firing. He wants to save Trump from indictment/impeachment, and stopping Mueller may well be the only thing that can meet that goal. Trump certainly understands this, which is why his tweets are sounding more and more frantic and unhinged as Mueller gets closer.

I’m more surprised by the Republicans who support both Trump and (however tepidly) Mueller. They are deluding themselves if they think the Mueller investigation is going to end with anything less than very severe damage to Trump, if not outright ending his presidency.

3 Likes

I really hope the FBI has some good dirt on this little weasel scumbag.

8 Likes

“the damage he’s done, especially to the FBI as director, the thousands of years of experience he ran off”

Anyone know what that’s about?

7 Likes

Trump walks no mattter what Mueller’s final findings reveal.

1 Like

On cue, and straight out of the reality tv playbook, Trump’s top errand boy, Little ( in terms of smarts ) Louie Gohmert proclaims ," The Special Council needs to go ". My goodness, what a trained seal cannot or would not do, Little Louie Gohmert is willing to do to curry favor with his favorite POTUS, David Dennison. Oh Louie- it is likely that with Brent Farenthold on his way out, you will become the dumbest Republican Congressman from Texas since Pete Sessions.

2 Likes

When the stupidest, most moronic howler monkey in the zoo (i.e., the House) agrees with you, you have a problem.

4 Likes

How did we wind up with so many mentally deranged people in positions of power and authority? It’s mind numbing.

American exceptionalism indeed.

10 Likes

Consider the source. Not the brightest bulb in the box.

3 Likes

He reminds me of my college days. “Hey, hey, hey, ho, ho, ho, Louie Gohmert needs to go.”

1 Like

Gohmert’s district is headquartered in my old home town in Texas, and I still have a lot of family there, most of whom are deep Trump/Gohmert supporters.

I don’t even go back for funerals anymore …

10 Likes

Look closely at our history. The U.S. House of Representatives has always been home to many crazy people. And many crazy people have been attracted to politics from the beginning. It’s the downside to democracy but the alternatives are crazier.

hahahahaha

@tomconoley - yeah I grew up in a small town outside of Dallas and I haven’t been back since a year after my mother died, so it’s been 22 years. Anybody out there feel me put your hands up, to steal a phrase. :wink:

6 Likes

Ah…new tactic for GOP house reps to attempt to retain their majority…

1 Like

I hereby offer my apologies to all those herein. :v:

2 Likes

I’d much prefer he’d do his wandering in Moscow, RUS

4 Likes

Trump is grasping at straws if Louis Gohmert is the designated hitter for the administration. I’ve been quite surprised at how defensive the GOP has been about Trump firing Mueller. I had assumed that they’ve been on the Treason Train from the beginning. But they are clearly treating this issue as a hot potato and as the days pass, Mueller’s position is getting stronger and the DC establishment is with Mueller, not Trump.

All Mueller needs to do is let the indictments fly on charges involving the election conspiracy and I do think Trump’s days in office would be numbered. Indicting a number of campaign team members + the Trump campaign entity would be the best way to get in Trump’s grill without triggering the constitutional issues. At that point, Trump will be forced to either resign or keep fighting, but Mueller will have the edge in the courts if he has a credible criminal claim against the Trump campaign entity (and/or the Trump Org). My view has been that if faced with the prospect of financial ruin and jail, Trump would resign. He’s trying to use the constitutional protections of his office to avoid that. But corporations are basically people per the SCOTUS. They can commit crimes and they don’t have constitutional protections.

26 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available