Discussion: GOP Rep. Gohmert Calls For Robert Mueller's Firing: 'He Needs To Go'

He graduated from Baylor Law School … and that explains a lot.

Thank you Rep. Gohmert for calling this out. Your opponent Shirly McKellar just got a recurrent monthly contribution from me. I made a new year resolution to not to leave any unfounded lie unanswered. If People like you should never be in a house. Every time you spout an unfounded lie like this, our democracy dies a little.

3 Likes

Forget it socalista, It’s Gohmertown.

8 Likes

It’s like the chicken and egg, the one is impossible without the other. Or maybe it’s God’s warning, like the rattlesnake’s rattle, that a person with a face this stupid-looking should be avoided, shunned, driven from your dwellings lest he be elected to Congress.

7 Likes

Gohmert could do with some dosing.

2 Likes

Mueller will be gone soon…the narrative that the Republican caucus will do something about it belongs with other fables
like the Easter Bunny and the Great Pumpkin.

Oh, dear sweet Jesus, I still can’t believe it’s possible for someone this dim to be elected to the US Congress, but I guess money can buy anything.

The thing that worries me most is that Trump will take this bait, arrange to get Mueller fired, and aside from the media roar, absolutely nothing will happen. Those Republicans who’ve talked about the dire consequences will once again prove that they are all talk.

And then what? All we’re left with is voting them out - but we’re still stuck with Trump for almost 3 years. Or almost 7 if he manages to get re-elected.

2 Likes

I’m sure it had nothing to do whatsoever with Mr. Holder’s complexion, either.

3 Likes

This is a beginning/continuation of what will become a steady cadence of Republicans repeating the mantra, “Mueller needs to go.” Send Loonie Louie out to talk. If he doesn’t get forced out of town or off the stage, send another and another until a whole chorus is singing.

Mueller needs to get some very substantive indictments released by Friday to stem the tide and quiet the clowns (I need to work on or eliminate some metaphors here, I see).

And it occurs to me that it’s a good thing Louie has a job as a Republican Congressman, because I don’t think he could meet the requirements or fulfill the responsibilities of many other positions. Do they still employ Village Idiots? Or do you just look for the guy still wearing a MAGA cap?

5 Likes

Nah. I like to get ahead of the conspiracy theories.

Actually at this point Dan Quayle seems like an honest, trustworthy, magnificent leader compared to the current crop of GOP “leaders” and Trump. I mean seriously at this point I remember Watergate fondly as a high tide moment in GOP ethics.

2 Likes

Fever dreams.

2 Likes

Everyone knows he’s several hands short of a full deck. Inlaws in Michigan want him gone, too.

3 Likes

The asparagus speaks!

3 Likes

Bloody hell!

Gohmert is a waste of time. Comments about him are a waste of time too.

2 Likes

Looks like Ol’ Louie Gohmert is running for Chair of the House Committee on Lawless Complicity.

3 Likes

Foaming at the mouth.

2 Likes

Well of course he would, but this is Louie Fucking Gohmert we’re talking about here, so who gives a shit. He also thinks vaccines are part of a liberal plot to cull the world population.

3 Likes

Bovine perhaos?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available