Discussion: GOP Rep's Instructions To Aides: No 'Unnecessary Conversation' In The Car

Sounds real high maintenance…and has a lot to hide.

1 Like

Who this SOB Rokita thinks he is? Princess Ivanka?

2 Likes

Never say, “We have to get TER to WeightWatchers”!

Really, it doesn’t seem out of line to have an office policy on what the boss expects his aide to have in the car and what he expects. It’s for the employee’s benefit as well – if this is the first time you’re picking up the boss for a trip, do you want to have to guess what you’re supposed to do?

“Always use warm water, not hot, and soap, not a gel, when washing his balls. Always dry with a warm towel.”

Right. Why the hell is this a story.

Well yes absolutely no brown M&Ms, but the green ones are bad too, don’t want to be confused with an environmentalist or something.

1 Like

Is “TER” code for turd?

And of course bow or curtsy in his majesty’s presence.

1 Like

Grey Poupon?

1 Like

It’s a sign of total panic on liberal parts when sensible, thoughtful, reasonable instructions such as these are considered as odd. Congresspersons are very busy. Prep time is short.

On the “never say that he has another appointment”, what is wrong with “We must get Congressman TER on the road”?

Not a single one of these instructions seem out-of-line to me.

1 Like

That this is a story speaks to the cluelessness of the “journo” who wrote it. Not a single one of these prep reqs are odd. Many are quite sensible.

1 Like

Why do Republicans so frequently look like uncooked blood sausage?

3 Likes

Not a single one of these prep reqs are odd. Many are quite sensible.

Bullshit. They speak to a ridiculously-pampered asshole who can’t even keep track of his own fucking wallet. And he were a Democrat, that’s exactly what you and Fox would be saying.

2 Likes

2 Likes

What is truly odd is that “TER” found it necessary - or is such a micro-manager - that this level of minutia needed to be written down & distributed - seriously, 8-page memo on how to chauffeur a congressman … what kind of totally inexperienced rubes is he hiring?

2 Likes

Do not taunt Super Happy Fun TER

2 Likes

Always have a bowl of M&Ms available AFTER having removed ALL brown M&Ms. The Congressman should never see, or be the presence of anything brown.

2 Likes

I don’t know why this is a story. The only thing even remotely uncomfortable about this is the requirement the aide have a cup of coffee for the Congressman. I do find it a little odd that somebody would write this in memo form. It would seem to be the sort of stuff that an aide would be told by his manager.

No, @bluestation, it doesn’t matter if he is a Republican or a Democrat, an aides job is to make his or her boss look good.

My thought exactly.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available