Discussion: Many Republicans Unsatisfied And Unnerved By Trump’s Russia Bungling

Yup, this is a call for radio silence to the event we have witnessed.

“He’s got to acknowledge that there’s a consensus among our intelligence agencies, including our committees here on Capitol Hill, not only that the Russians interfered and meddled with our elections in 2016, but are doing it again in 2018,” Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH) added. “And that’s why we need to take action.”

He’s already effed that up at least three times in the last few days, Rob. Further commentary from that jackass will only be worse.

Oh, and we should already be taking action–The “need” you speak of is long past.

Morons.

2 Likes

Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) strongly feels he needs to tell Putin “no more. Knock it off. Stay away. Get out. And demand that Russia stay away when it comes to our elections. And I didn’t hear that in his walk-back,” she added. “I’m still waiting.”

Lisa: First off, you will wait a long time for that to happen.

IIRC think we have “told” that to Russia before. There was this thing called the Cold War–You may have heard of it. That is why we have to remain on guard/vigilant.

Funny (but not funny, hahaha) how the script has flipped–again. Republicans at one time were freeing slaves and opposing Russia. Now, Republicans are opposed to the descendants of freed slaves and in the bag with Russia. And you’re part of that, Lisa.

2 Likes

You beat me to it…

I have so many conflicting feels about all this I think I might be schizophrenic. What is so obvious is endlessly, repeatedly ignored to the point that there is no true North anymore. I have no confidence in any of it, but there has to be a point where reality has to be acknowledged…doesn’t there? If not after this week and all that is being revealed, maybe it will happen when they figure out how to serve Jared with a subpoena.

3 Likes

The idiot is compromised, its the only thing that explains his actions. The GOP is complicit in this because they refuse to do anything about it.

2 Likes

“I view the House especially as a nest of traitors on the take.”

yeah, but you can’t leave out Dump’s cabinet picks. takers around.

1 Like

When I lived in Alaska many years ago, we lived 70 miles away, and we could actually see Russia on a very clear day. Also, the local Alaska Native population (Some of whom were born in Russia, but could not get back after the border closed) claimed periodic sightings of Russian soldiers moving stealthily around the island.

And yes, they saw the Russians as a threat.

No, they are not. This is lip service and yet more credulous reporting. Actions speak louder than words and they have, at every fucking turn, tried to protect Trump, and by extension Putin, from the investigations while undermining and denigrating the institutions we rely upon to conduct those investigations, to protect our democracy and our families. They’ve now refused to fund election security grants because they hope more interference will bring them closer to their goal of permanent white Christian hegemony in this country. The zombie Fourth Estate needs to stop giving them a free pass just because their lips are moving or it too is complicit in our downfall.

2 Likes

What is so obvious is endlessly, repeatedly ignored to the point that there is no true North anymore.

A nice way of putting it, yes. It is just really messing with my basic sense of reality. Well, that and all the drugs and alcohol I need to cope…

2 Likes

I don’t want to do your sleepwalk dance anymore…

1 Like

Kat to Rs: you bought it, you broke it, you FIX it.

2 Likes

We are in a lot of chaos now

“Trump’s bungled retraction is “probably the best we’re going to be able to get, right?” Sen. John Thune (R-SD) told Politico.”

Sen. Thune has some nerve, as he too spent Independence Day basking in the totalitarian sunshine of Putin’s Russia, glad-handing the oligarchs, and lending credibility to the autocrats! He missed 4-H club parades, barbecues, and public renditions of our national anthem back home to cozy up to Russian dictators, and HE is going to criticize Trump? Damn, talk about a Quisling!

Remember when Thune was a bright shining GOP star awaiting his “Reaganizing” treatment to leap out of the cornfield onto the national stage? Whatever happened to all that? I imagine a closet full of skeletons added to a low-functioning brain can still kill even a Republican political career!

2 Likes

Remember when Thune was a bright shining GOP star awaiting his “Reaganizing” treatment to leap out of the cornfield

He was full of shit then, too.

1 Like

Sub Heading:
Still OK with Racism, Sexism and Incompetence in all Financial Matters

1 Like

“Lancelot, Galahad and I leap out of the rabbit…”

Bravo (although you could find a way to get “wake up and smell the bacon” in there)

1 Like

Yeah, but if nobody hears it…

“Poll: Huge GOP majority backs Trump’s Putin performance
We told you yesterday why elected Republicans go so silent so quickly when they disagree so strongly with President Trump: They fear it’s political suicide to speak up. Now we have an exclusive, new Axios/SurveyMonkey poll that shows why those fears are real.”:smile:

https://www.axios.com/republicans-poll-donald-trump-press-conference-putin-5776322f-a483-4e21-b50c-028799b08367.html

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available