Discussion: Nielsen: 'I Haven't Seen Evidence' That Russians Hacked Election To Help Trump (VIDEO)

I have no clue why they collected voter registration data. My guess would be they collect pretty much whatever they can collect and worry about its utility later. The Russians (and all intelligence services) have been known to operate that way. (I laughed when I read Putin questioning that they would surveil every single western business person, even small time chumps like 2013 Trump, visiting Russia. He, of all people, knows they’ve done precisely this for decades.) How do you think collecting voter registration data is useful to advance the goal of modifying the count of votes cast?

I never said the Russians weren’t trying to drive the herd in a specific direction. Clearly they were.

1 Like

Only the best people…
Just sayin’ - if we’re attacked again she’d better end up being waterboarded on her way to prison.

1 Like

my favorite musical - except for the dull dream sequence

You know from the voter registration who has voted only rarely. You draw up a bunch of voter applications in those names. You get a read from the electronic poll books at the polling place (without changing a thing) and late in the day find out who in fact voted. You remove the names of any who have voted and then feed the into the stack of voter applications the remaining names. The stack of applications is not held particularly securely. Then (trickier) you feed a matching number of physical ballots into the machines. When it comes time to check the numbers there are more votes than there are voters in the poll books. But, great relief, the number of voters matches the number of applications. So it gets put down to human error.

In Detroit the number applications matched the number of votes which was higher than the number of voters recorded as having showed up in the polling books. It was put down to human error.

2 Likes

That and rampant tax evasion.

1 Like

I met Gordon MacRae briefly years ago, and he was a charmer. Maybe that accounts for my fondness for not only Oklahoma! but Carousel. As far as R&H, I watched The Sound of Music for the first time the other eve. Oh my, what a sticky sweet mess that is.

1 Like

No place with an actual good reputation to protect, so maybe AEI or Cato or the Mercatus Center.

[quote=“ajm, post:205, topic:75038, full:true”]
… Then (trickier) you feed a matching number of physical ballots into the machines. …[/quote]

This sounds more like “movie hacking”. All done by one guy with a xterm window and typing really fast, right?

Done by the same Putin team that swapped bottles of urine out of a locked room.

Read the Snopes piece about the degree of chaos at the Detroit polling places.

We are not dealing with some one with limited resources.

1 Like

Excellent post. Nailed it.

1 Like

boy that julie andrews was loaded with talent

In the case of modifying two disparate data sets, applications and the count, on the fly, figuring out how to do it against the systems deployed that day, validate what you are doing actually works, and make some effort to cover your tracks, time is the limiting resource and not solvable by application of any other resource. Now multiply that by the several thousand systems in use at various places where the votes are cast and count around the country.

Like I said, “movie hacking”.

I was “hacking” around in timeshare systems using dialup KSR-33s before it was called “hacking”. (I like that YouTube caption about “Internet Teletype”. Model 33s went out of wide use more than a decade before “Al Gore invented the Internet”.) Sorry, I’m still not buying this as a factor in the 2016 presidential outcome.

Your Detroit cite is a case where coincidence does not prove causation. And what of WI and PA?

Convincing people that the national vote is readily hack-able, movie style or otherwise, also helps drive the herd.

The only ‘hacking’ involved is finding out who voted by reading out the people registered in the electronic polling books. For the applications you are simply adding more pieces iPod paoer to an unsecured stack. For the ballots, you are Feeding more physical ballots through the machines. The only,thing that has to be tracked on the fly is not to duplicate somebody who has actually voted.

This is the type of chaos found in Detroit in 2016:

Pamela Smith, president of voting-accuracy organization Verified Voting, said she received enough calls from the Detroit area on Election Day to cause her to call a state official to express concern. “They were running out of storage space for the ballots,” she says, noting that paper ballots were piling up on desks and other unsecured surfaces as technicians raced to fix the machines. “If you’ve only got a partial count from a voting place, something has to happen to the rest of the ballots.”

Of our body politic has cancer the sooner we know the sooner we can fix it. N

Looks like Detroit was using optical scan machines- which are more resilient than the entirely digital machines made by Dibold and others that have been the subject of so much worry since 2000.

To screw with those you wouldn’t need an on site accomplice physically feeding dummy ballots in.

4 Likes

Somebody needs to ask her this:

“Okay, if they didn’t hack the election to help Trump, then why did they?”

That answer could be fascinating.

1 Like

@system

You are a lying sack of anti-American sh*t, Nielsen.

@system

Sign at Avenetti’s WH protest:

Super
Callous
Fragile
Racist
Sexist
Nazi
POTUS. Supercalifragilistic…

@becca656

That’s BS, becca. NOBODY doubts the Russians hacked, NOBODY doubts Trump was in on it, NOBODY doubts that Trump committed treason in Helsinki.

Please.

1 Like

Other systems are far worse. But even the optical scans are vulnerable to old fashioned ballot stuffing unless carefully monitored.

1 Like

@tas65
Russians hacked, Donnie helped them, Donnie committed treason in Helsinki.

Mueller’s credentials are impeccable, and the GOP cowards colluding with Trump know that.

Our intelligence agencies are far more reliable than a fat a$$ coward committing treason as U.S. president in Helsinki. Let’s get real here.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available