Discussion: Trump Says Obama Didn't Call Families Of Fallen Soldiers, Quickly Walks It Back

OMG… that’s all I’ve got … well that’s not fraught with obscenities…

3 Likes

Actually, I want him to live a long time, so he can see the judgement history makes of him. If he dies in office or after he has just left, he will go to his grave thinking he was the best president ever. Even if he lives 20 more years and still thinks that, at least he will get chafed listing to the historians “lie” about his presidency.

8 Likes

Yeah. I swear the people who agree to work for Two Scoops are required to turn in whatever pride, dignity, compassion and common sense they possess when they sign the contract and get their WH passes.

3 Likes

“I was told.” You know what Don? I think I can believe that one.

Imagine Trump calling a grieving family, and imagine what self-centered, inappropriate crap he would almost certainly say. Then let’s imagine people on his staff imagining that call. Now imagine them saying to him, ya know, most Presidents just send a letter - families are honored, yada yada. Oh, and by the way, here’s some ready for you to sign.

14 Likes

He’d just call it ‘fake’ history and then point to his electoral college win.

Again.

1 Like

You beat me to it. Abraham Lincoln never picked up the phone to call the parents of a fallen soldier. Not even once.

14 Likes

He said he calls “when he feels it’s appropriate” – IOW, if he feels like it. Pretty sure not one single death of an American soldier went unhonored or unrecognized by Obama.

2 Likes

When the remains of soldiers of four soldiers killed in Benghazi were returned to Andrews AFB they were met by both Obama and then-SOS Clinton.

When the remains of the Green Beret killed in Niger were returned to Dover, Dotard was golfing with Miss Lindsey. It was his 69th round at a Trump property since assuming office.

29 Likes

I don’t know who did or didn’t but I’ll make it all up to try and make myself look better then blame someone, anyone else when it’s shown to be wrong. Goddamn what a complete fucking jackass.

4 Likes

He claims he wrote letters to those families over the weekend and they will go out either today or tomorrow.

3 Likes

True – thank you for calmer head-thinking it. I hope he lives a long, painful, miserable life … having it shoved in his face each and every day what a colossal fuck-up he was and his only friend is the cigarette roach that crawls between the cell blocks.

5 Likes

“One of the voices in my head told the other …”

3 Likes

Trump and Republicans are technical and clinical a-holes, according to Aaron James’s definition in his book Assholes: A Theory.

Here are a couple of short blog posts that show how Trump and the Republicans fit firmly into the a-hole model:

Enjoy!

9 Likes

From the dunce corner: “From many sides. Many sides.”

1 Like

Trump will be on mount piss more.

2 Likes

People have told me that neither George Washington nor Abraham Lincoln ever telephoned the families of fallen U.S. soldiers. I don’t know if that’s true, but I read it on the Internet.

5 Likes

He would never understand it, no matter how long he lives. It’s hopeless to wish that someone living in his own imaginary world will ever comprehend real life.

At this point, I would be content to watch the Fall of the House of Drumpfie by seeing the Evil Spawn become banished from polite society (and bankrupted) and many of the arm-raising sycophants ending up behind bars or broke.

2 Likes

“President Obama I think probably did sometimes and maybe sometimes he didn’t. I don’t know. That’s what I was told. All I can do is ask my generals,” the President continued. “Other presidents did not call. They’d write letters and some presidents didn’t do anything.”

No courage, no convictions, just blame, deny, deflect, lie.

Cowardice.

20 Likes

What gets me up in the morning is the hope that he stroked out in the night.

7 Likes

I read they didn’t text ‘em either…

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available