Discussion: Trump Says Obama Didn't Call Families Of Fallen Soldiers, Quickly Walks It Back

Especially if the lie is about something awful he does that he wants to project onto Obama or Hillary.

2 Likes

Trump is becoming more unglued by the day. At the rate weā€™re going, heā€™s not going to make it through the holidays, especially if anything happens to unsettle him even more.

This is terrifying.

4 Likes

Why let the truth get in the way of a really good-sounding lie that makes himself look good and hated Obama look bad. He knows most of his followers will instantly believe it anyway. He didnā€™t even insert that Obama ā€œwrote letters insteadā€, even though that would probably be a lie, too, and imply a letter is a cowardsā€™ way out.

But the real fun comes next. No apology, of course. Heā€™d sent out surrogates to explain that technically he was right because ā€œObama and other presidentā€ meant all other presidents going back to George Washington, and that not even Lincoln called a single fallen soldier. (It doesnā€™t matter that there werenā€™t any phones then.) But the key thing is that Trump was right and he was just misunderstood and the media should be ashamed for suggesting otherwise.

11 Likes

The even bigger takeaway here is that Trump sees the death of American soldiers as an opportunity to talk about himself.

29 Likes

ā€œI like to call when itā€™s appropriate, when I think Iā€™m able to do it. They have made the ultimate sacrifice so generally I would say that I like to call. Iā€™m going to be calling them.ā€

You can see him working this out in real time right I front of us. It didnā€™t even occur to him that this was anything important at all until he got this question.

15 Likes

He is a monster.

22 Likes

You think Trump would have shown up at Charleston?
Heā€™d go to Ft. Sumpter and blame both sides.

3 Likes

And letā€™s be clear about it ā€“ that is why his base so adores him.

11 Likes

Trump would fold more often if people would challenge him more often.

7 Likes

ā€œI was toldā€¦ā€; ā€œI heardā€¦ā€ ā€œI saw somewhereā€¦ā€ ā€œSomeone saidā€¦ā€ Does this man know anything? He is so pathetic.

6 Likes

The buck stops somewhere over there, most likely on Obamaā€™s desk. Hey dude, thatā€™s the same one youā€™re sitting at NOW.

2 Likes

Dumbo Don the Con is a fucking liar.

1 Like

Yeah ok. What difference does that make? His base is tiny.

2 Likes

Two scoops of poop from me.

3 Likes

Yes, that would be a fine followup question - which we will never hear.

2 Likes

is there enuf room for 3?

3 Likes

Iā€™d be fine with him believing whatever the fuck he wants if we could have him out of that office tomorrow.

3 Likes

And a fine way to address him, whether as a member of the media or as a common citizen. But, having respect for the office of the presidency, perhaps President Lying Motherfucker would be more appropriate.

1 Like

What is WRONG with this man ā€¦ never mind.
F*cking moron doesnā€™t begin to explainā€¦

2 Likes

Piss? He deserves torrents of shit.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available