Discussion: Trump Says Obama Didn't Call Families Of Fallen Soldiers, Quickly Walks It Back

David Frum posted this;

35 Likes

Because he would like it if he were still alive.

1 Like

I wonder if there is a small suitable piece of property along the US Mexico border that doesn’t have a river running through it, so we can bury him there, build a wall around his plot, and then cede the land back to Mexico?

3 Likes

[quote=“katscherger, post:100, topic:63800, full:true”]
Maybe he’ll even throw in some paper towels if they’re especially lucky.
[/quote]To wipe away the real tears of sorrow and loss that he does not, and will never, understand.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this.

10 Likes

This from CNN.com:
Trump claimed that past presidents – including Barack Obama – hadn’t
written or called the families of slain service members, though Obama
spoke publicly during his term about his many interactions with the
families of Americans killed in action.
…
All past Presidents have written personal letter, called families,of those killed in action. All past Presidents have gone to Dover AF Base to be there when the coffins arrived.
This president (I will never capitalize that word when it’s relative to him) brags about how hard writing the letters is.
This president bad mouthed a Gold Star family who happened to have come here (legally and they became citizens) from India. He bad mouthed them because they were rightly critical of him.
This president got draft deferments, 5 to be exact. And at the end he whined that he had bone spurs in a heel though today he is incapable of remembering which heel it was. And he said his “personal Vietnam” was avoiding STD’s while partying his fat ass off at Studio 54.

I say without equivocation that trump is a coward.
I mean that. It isn’t snark.

27 Likes

I’ll tell you this, if I were sorrowing over a lost family member I would not want to hear from that disgusting person via any medium. When you’re in grief you want to feel that someone else understands. And that’s something he can never do. So it’s really better he doesn’t call. Which it sounds like he sure doesn’t.

14 Likes

“President Obama I think probably did sometimes and maybe sometimes he didn’t. I don’t know. That’s what I was told.

"I don’t know. That’s what I was told [by persons unnamed]."

Lying sack of shit!

4 Likes

All things considered, Alyssa Mastromonaco’s remark was actually pretty mild.

5 Likes

[quote=“mattinpa, post:107, topic:63800”]
So it’s really better he doesn’t call. Which it sounds like he sure doesn’t.
[/quote]Nailed it. If he’s claiming other Presidents never made calls, he himself has never made call one.

15 Likes

3 Likes

I am not aware that trump has ever visited a grave of a soldier… anywhere, ever.

I find myself well beyond anger into some new unexplored territory.

7 Likes

Something’s up. He is more unhinged than ever. I’m expecting some sort of bombshell to drop this evening.

7 Likes

Lately it’s the only description that really works for me. He is truly monstrous, he truly has no feeling for other people at all.

3 Likes

He doesn’t visit them, he dances on them.

Right up there with…“people are saying” from the campaign trail.

3 Likes

He “likes” to make calls to grieving families to let them know a loved one is dead. Having “fun”??

4 Likes

you and me both -beyond anger.

5 Likes

He “was told” ? Really - what, by the voices in his head?

This is the most blatant lie he’s told yet. Something that Pres Obama took quiet pride in doing - writing to each and every family of a slain military member, and visiting them in the hospital when wounded, not to mention meeting their remains when the caskets were flown into Andrews.

Trump is a total piece of sh&t

2 Likes

In that case one can fervently hope that he gets convicted for Russian kleptocrat money laundering or something and goes to prison and has his stupid gold and crystal encrusted fake Versailles dictator chic penthouse and everything else taken away from him. Even better: the fall of the Kushners as well.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available