Discussion: Trump Transition Team Accuses Mueller Of Improperly Obtaining Documents

This is, of course, pure bullshit. If they claim improper procedures or privilege, they should go to the judges overseeing the grand juries who issued the subpoenas. That’s what a lawyer does. He/she doesn’t run to Congress.

That they didn’t tells us that they know this is crap, and nothing more than a p.r. stunt.

These people are ridiculous.

6 Likes

OT but…
I just now heard on CNN from Nick Robertson in Moscow that a terrorist attack was foiled in St Petersburg via CIA information given to the Russian state security apparatus and that Putin has spoken to trump thanking him and vowing to return the favor.

And here I had thought that trump did not trust our CIA. Imean that’s what he said in so many words at the CIA itself a few months ago.

Yep, the world makes lotsa sense these days…

3 Likes

Not sure that trump is understanding it all anyway.

3 Likes

If you’re not terrified, you’re not paying attention.

Watch these first 30 minutes. There’s a lot of information here that you need to know.

Note: Despite what the chyron reads, this is not about “Black Women and the Democratic Party.” This is about the authoritarian takeover of our government.

2 Likes

Trump is probably focusing on his pardon before any conviction of crimes. This is what happened to Nixon.

We don’t know who will go down, but right now it looks like Manafort, Flynn, Pence, Jared. Other flunkies may include some of our Congressional representatives such as Devin Nunes and Trey Gowdy, although it is not clear whether they have managed to avoid the blast zone. Basically, all the president’s men.

We could even get a Saturday Night massacre.

This is interesting. Trump could skate on his financial crimes altogether. Moreover, the mighty could still get through this much enriched through e.g. a cynical collapse of the current stock bubble and their current tax cut bill. My former boss used to say about working for the Department of Agriculture: “You always get it in the end.” Even today, I don’t know how to interpret it, but it seems applicable here.

Skinny on the Hill is that Mueller’s firing will take place on Dec. 22. See the video I posted above.

2 Likes

Please don’t insult Alfred. He would be orders of magnitude greater that that offal in the oval.

2 Likes

Rosenstein won’t fire him.
Trump can’t fire him.

So how far down the DoJ career ladder will Trump have to go—firing everyone along the way—until he finds a sycophant who will fire Mueller?

Remember—the Saturday Night Massacre led directly to Nixon’s near-impeachment,----which he avoided only by resigning.

6 Likes

There is a way Trump can do it without Rosenstien or anyone else, by repealing the special counsel regulation by executive order. See the video posted above. Natasha Bertrand explains it at about the 25 min. mark.

“Therefore, no expectation of privacy can be assumed,” Loewentritt said.

Crimey, I don’t even use “the cloud” because that ‘secure’ area has shown to be insecure.

1 Like

No there is not—at least not legally.

If Trump does anything of the sort, his presidency will be effectively over.

2 Likes

I sure hope that ALL includes Ryan & Yertle & Nunez, etc., but especially Sessions.

3 Likes

Can anyone describe in small, short words exactly what will happen if Mueller is fired?

What makes this all magically go poof and become confetti for the §resident?

What gives him clear sailing from here to eternity and rose petals strewn before his every step?

That’s what martial law is for.

Also, do you actually think Congress would impeach him? I don’t.

Trump’s transition team…LOL Seriously you mean ‘team stupid’. What transition? Most of positions that were to be filled by Stupid’s team were left vacant, they were clueless about their responsibilities and now they’re questioning Mueller’s investigation? How priceless. The only person who might have made it an acceptable move-in, they fired, that’s how smart Stupid’s team was and still not much has
been learned…

FAKE.

3 Likes

First, Congress would erupt in a major shitstorm.

Second, the federal grand juries would continue to do their jobs.

Third, the investigation would continue under a different prosecutor.

Fourth, Trump would be far more likely to be impeached and/or charged with obstruction of justice.

The second day would be worse.

9 Likes

Republicans and FOX News are very good at twisting the facts which will be their downfall. Need to reinstate the Fairness Doctrine that Ronald Reagan eliminate and in which gave rise to the likes of FOX News and Conservative Talk Radio (aka. Hate Radio). If the Fairness Doctrine was still in place we wouldn’t have such a divide in our nation as we see now. Time to put the extreme far right back as being the fringe in our politics.

3 Likes

I assume that is the Jackie Speier comment that she expects the hammer to fall on the 22nd after Congress has gone home for Christmas.

I suspect Mueller is prepared for such an eventuality. For example, he could turn over money-laundering and other financial fraud information to others in the US, e.g. state prosecutors, or European authorities with which there are reciprocity agreements. In many case, Watergate didn’t end with the Cox firing. As a general rule, everything we seem to have thought about what the Trumps have been up to is more venal and worse than we thought.

3 Likes

I’m not surprised the shop and production folks get it. The white collar bosses have the power and they don’t think rules apply to them, but are gleeful they can read their employees email. The shop folks know the bosses would use anything they say to get rid of them, so are smart about what they say. Nothing new to worker/employer power relationships, just new technology being used.

4 Likes

He’s actually been working with the New York AG for that eventuality.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available