Discussion: Trump Transition Team Accuses Mueller Of Improperly Obtaining Documents

Keystone cops were brilliant compared to TT. I can’t believe someone actually demanded that.

4 Likes

I saw that too. Are the lawyers all eight-year-olds? Who asks that? Team Mueller must have pounded the tables and laughed until they were gasping when they heard that.

6 Likes

Indeed - at 51-48 (until Jones is sworn in), two GOP defections will defeat the tax bill. Collins and Flake are still wavering. Yes, they’ll probably cave, but it has to be kept up. Corker is also being pushed hard for such an obvious outright bribe, though I doubt he can be flipped back.

Once Jones is sworn in in January, as long as McCain is alive but not present, that margin drops down to one. Yes, it’s morbid, but it’s reality. No one wants to talk about it, but there will probably be two elections in Arizona in 2018.

4 Likes

Once he signs the POS tax legislation, he’ll have fulfilled his role as useful idiot and they’ll be more inclined to jettison him. They know just as we do that PP has a 57.5% disapproval rating, Ryan’s leaving after the midterms, this is part of why he’s leaving. However, I’m not going to watch Joy or other talkers on cable because alarming predictions which leave us all trembling is their raison d’etre.

4 Likes

Josh said the other day Trump’s lawyers were bush-leaguers but Kushner had a top person. And then just now I read this. All I can say is “Get the money up front, top criminal lawyer person!” Hope he or she isn’t terribly naive about people.

Kushner Sued By Own Lawyers Over Unpaid Bills - https://t.co/w0gZhdGzZ2 pic.twitter.com/vmc0oRhyoW

— JoeMyGod (@JoeMyGod) December 17, 2017
6 Likes

Trump’s inner circle are not the smartest people in the world. They ,maybe slick or cleaver in skirting around things, but their level of intelligence is very low! Just heard on news that the Trump-Pence Transition Team did not coordinate with WH (at least that is what they are saying publicly), and last but not least, this matter should have been addressed in the court and not complain to Congress.

1 Like

[quote=“tiowally, post:209, topic:66449”]
There is a way Trump can do it without Rosenstien or anyone else, by repealing the special counsel regulation by executive order. See the video posted above. Natasha Bertrand explains it at about the 25 min. mark.[/quote]

For the record, Ms. Bertrand was referring to regulations written by, among others, Neal Katyal, who served in Obama’s DoJ and says that Trump could effectively repeal the special-counsel regulations and then fire Mueller himself.

I’ll be 73 in a few weeks and here is what I’ve come to believe.

Life is like one of those carefully balanced dishes in some water features. It’s empty but a drip or trickle slowly fills it until it becomes untenably imbalanced. Then quickly the dish dramatically dumps the load of water.

I’ve lived through the McCarthy era, the civil rights struggle, the Vietnam marches, the women’s movement, the Nixon era, ad nauseam.

As a society we accept and tolerate eccentricities and outliers of society: up to a point.

There is always a tipping point and when that point is reached it will tip and tha tippping will be swift.

Unfortunately, when the imbalance is great, the correction is violent and messy.

People will be hurt and more will die I’m afraid.

The tension in the whole GOP world is so great it cannot continue. There are too many fuses already lit, too many witnesses on record, too many lies documented, too many grifters have taken too many too big bites.

It’s a house of cards and will fall. To use another analogy, they are only as strong as their weakest link and their whole chain is made of weak links.

So, that’s my “for what it’s worth.”

13 Likes

The lawyer in question is not Kushner’s personal attorney. That’s Abbe Lowell, whereas this is the firm of Cornicello, Tendler, which represented Kushner in nasty eviction proceedings and such.

I know that. Been reading for years now.

2 Likes

Watching “Grey’s Anatomy” has basically made me a surgeon.

3 Likes

My apologies. I must have misunderstood your advising Kushner’s “top criminal lawyer person” to “get the money up front.”

(And if it’s any reassurance, he has.)

1 Like

And ya don’t get to claim executive privilege until you are, well, the executive. LOL

5 Likes

I love Joy and Malcolm but had to mute it today. That was major “be afraid, be very afraid” stuff. Even the good guys can go over the edge at times. Good to take a break every now and then.

2 Likes

I think that’s true of 9 out of 10 of the crowd here. But it’s pretty well researched and informative IMHO. You learn about rules of evidence, and how police and D.A.s work together, and the all-important concept of Interviewing the Maid Again when the plot bogs down, because Maybe She’ll Remember Something. I had a girlfriend who always thought it was hilarious because they did it every second or third episode.

2 Likes

Well said. This is a terrible time, and in many ways it’s unprecendented, especially in terms of the breaking down of institutions. But the people talking about how this is the end of the world are grossly ignorant of history. It’s mostly people who don’t even remember the 90s, let alone any time before then.

4 Likes

I noticed that. It is journalistic malpractice NOT to explain whether the claims have any factual basis or not.

1 Like

I was disappointed he wasn’t, in fact, being sued by the criminal guy but that’s life. Still pretty funny though. You can see why Ivanka likes him—he’s very like her father. Hardly ever fails, that.

Not touching that one.

In that he doesn’t pay his bills! Were you being a guttermind? SHS will scold you, watch out.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available