Discussion: Trump Transition Team Accuses Mueller Of Improperly Obtaining Documents

Hey. werent trump family members and transition using unsecured e-mail accts and phones at this same time?

2 Likes

Sorry, but this is an insult to Alfred E. Neuman, who might not have worried much, and was perhaps a bit simple-minded, but he certainly was no asshole like Trump!

5 Likes

It is very telling, however, that the GOPers in Congress are very quickly trying to stabilize his…whatever the fuck it is. I have no idea why the GOP is so determined to put Party over Country. They are protecting a criminal organization, and every last one of them knows it. The ONLY thing i can rationalize is that they are a part of that criminal organization to the bone, and that they fear that if T rump goes down, they all go down, and that there is no future of the world if that happens. Why is the Republican Party hellbent on destroying our Constitutional form of democracy?

11 Likes

And a bigger prison.

4 Likes

Lotta beds in Florence, CO. No waiting.

4 Likes

I wonder how Mike Pence is feeling right now?

6 Likes

All this means is a whole lot of folks might be in trouble

2 Likes

We don’t know the content of the emails either. This is all coming up because Hope Hicks and Don McGahn were the most recently interviewed. Their attorneys communicate/share stuff with Trump’s. Trump team attorneys/ transition team attorneys released their ridiculous letter to Fox et al.

3 Likes

By having all this media, Mueller’s team would also know who was in said meetings as well, like Hope Hicks and others. It was significant they also interviewed her and other WH staff.

Point being, some may have been entrapped simply by denying they were present and denied knowing of critically damaging conversations, That’s why I believe Mueller deposed them as simply denying they knew nothing now can be highly incriminating, again meaning they may come clean and spill all they really do know to avoid prosecution,

9 Likes

Trump’s lawyers seem to be arguing that they should have been given the opportunity to review all the transition e-mails before they were given to Mueller, so that they could decide which ones would be held back based on a claim of “executive privilege.”

My question is, does a President-elect even have any executive privilege in the first place? I thought EP was something only the sitting president has.

Has any other President ever claimed executive privilege for correspondence that took place before they were sworn into office?

Or is this yet another completely novel legal claim by Team Trump, like the recent claim that the President can never be guilty of obstruction of justice?

3 Likes

No, I don’t believe any candidate-elect can make that claim until sworn-in,

2 Likes

ty. Somehow I totally missed that movie. I just reserved it at the library.

Putin called Trump today to “thank him.” https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/putin-thanks-trump-for-cia-intel-that-foiled-a-planned-terrorist-attack-in-russia-the-kremlin-says/2017/12/17/f4274600-e349-11e7-9ec2-518810e7d44d_story.html?utm_term=.a5690b6d0e71

OT? I don’t think so!

4 Likes

It’s excellent. Great cast, killer score.

1 Like

I think you will enjoy it.

1 Like

Russian money is in their coffers, and there’s nothing they can do about it. They’ve all got ink on their hands.

3 Likes

And that’s the key thing. Imagine going in to testify without knowing that the investigators have documented evidence of what you really did talk about, what you really said. If you’re not scrupulously honest and completely innocent you’ve got a huge temptation to lie, and then you’re caught.

10 Likes

“Obtained illegally.”
Does Team Trump mean Mueller recruited Russian hackers to steal the data, who then handed it over to Wikileaks which passed it on to Trump … er, Mueller?

5 Likes

Why is the Republican Party hellbent on destroying our Constitutional form of democracy?

Because Jesus is on their side, so it’s all good.

1 Like

The Trader in the Lighthouse sounds like a must-read summer thriller.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available