Discussion: White House: Trump 'Disagrees' With Putin's Proposal To Question Americans

Was it sternly worded?

2 Likes

Methinks you may just have invited some nice images to be posted.

1 Like

[quote=“esva, post:41, topic:75043, full:true”]
A strong POTUS would never have received such a proposal. PutIn would never have put himself in the position of being flatly rejected and ridiculed by a POTUS with two live brain cells to rub together.
[/quote]Exactly. I imagine Putin had this proposal and others planned out beforehand; saw how the private conversation was going and picked his time to present each deal, increasing the stakes as Trump continued to be receptive to ideas, requests and demands. This one was possibly saved for later in the meeting since any real president would have outright rejected the suggestion - but, if Trump went along with it, he’d remember enough about it that with some notes and the right prompting Putin could get him to talk about it in the presser. Thus, Putin came across as the master KGB agent manipulator and Trump as the weak, unaware, unintelligent piece-of-crap-so-called-president he is.

8 Likes

“Disagrees”? “Hopefully”? Boy, those are some strong words there! Nobody’s been tougher on Russia, ever! Not even Reagan, when he said, “Mr. Gorbachev, that’s a very nice wall. Believe me, I know walls, and it’s a really good one. I don’t see any reason why you would tear it down.” And, 24 hours later: “Clearly, I meant to say ‘wouldn’t.’ No reason why he wouldn’t tear it down. If he wanted to. But why would he? Nice wall. Great job.”

7 Likes

I’m guessing Paul, because dipshit.

2 Likes

Let’s have this guy solve the puzzle:

1 Like

I expected an argument like “If the Democrats really think there was a Russian attack, they would love this highly special proposal from President Putin. But they don’t want their deep state conspiracy to delegitimize my EC victory to be exposed. And where are the servers? Maybe the Russians can help find the servers, huh?”

2 Likes

Twitter says Shelby. Isn’t he only sporadically present due to cancer, or something? No point in compromising your health and safety for what is ultimately a symbolic vote.

1 Like

FAKE EVIDENCE!!!

haha

“Perform This Way” is my personal fav - especially the video :o)

1 Like

More incredible offers from Putin to Trump at the treason summit: .

https://twitter.com/KevinWhitelaw1/status/1020010651744374785

Mr. Putin is amazing in his sincerity and graciousness!

5 Likes

From Josh’s blog on the main page: (bolding is mine)

"That’s the shift. The Monday press conference made cautious,
prominent people start to come to grips with the reality that Donald
Trump, as crazy as it sounds and as difficult as it may be to believe,
is under some kind of influence or control by a foreign adversary power,
whether by fear or avarice or some other factor. As
yet, there’s little difference of behavior from elected Republicans.
And I don’t expect any. What veteran foreign policy or diplomatic hands
say on CNN is not the most important thing. But I think they are
indicators of a change, a change of perception I expect is occurring
among many who can’t yet speak.

That trump is compromised is as plain as the Sun in the sky on a cloudless day.
And if some in elected office will not speak their real thoughts for fear of losing an election then they should resign because they’re doing this nation harm by not speaking out when they have a platform and ears that will hear them. It is time to speak up or leave town.

7 Likes

Wow. I’ve seen tougher words directed against NFL players that kneel during the Anthem.
:unamused:

10 Likes

Yep, Trump disagrees, but thinks it was a “sincere” proposal. A sincere proposal to get McFaul to the basement of Lubyanka prison for a “counseling session” with Trump’s KGB handlers.

1 Like

I’m guessing that someone pointed out that if he sets this precedent he will have no defense when he is charged with crimes against humanity and is to be tried at The Hague.

1 Like

Neville Chamberlain “Peace in our time”… a few months later WW2 started.

1 Like

It’s easy for a bully when the victim cannot retaliate. For trump, who is compromised, messing with Putin is not on the agenda.

4 Likes

Well their relationship is clearly “the ‘love’ that dare not speaks it’s name”.

Right now, I’m just waiting on VVP (or Peskov) to say that ‘45’ told him that the Crimean referendum had to happen after this year’s midterms.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available